General Contract Conditions Dromo SA
APPLICABLE LEGAL REGULATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF TRAVEL CONDITIONS
The contract requires compliance, from both parties, to the predetermined terms, which have been institutionalized by the clauses that can be found in the published General Conditions, that they must complete and develop the specific outlined legislation without contravening it. It is a combined travel contract, since it includes a set of services previously programmed offered at a global price, or alternatively includes a set of services targeted to comply with the customer’s request also at a global price. It is considered perfected, according to article 1258 C.C., at the moment in which the Agency receive the first payment of the published amount. To be able to take part in any of the trips that are published on this website, the acceptance of the customer to each and every one of the General Conditions is required, which will be considered as automatically incorporated into the contract, without the necessity of individualized written transcription, except as referred to in the RD. The legislation 1/2007 of 16th November by which the revised text of the General Law for the Defense of Consumers and Users and other concordat provisions of the Autonomous Communities is approved.
The parties who have agreed to the contract are strictly subjected to the jurisdiction of the Court of the city corresponding to the registered office of the organizer of this combined travel contract to resolve all of their differences. The organization of these trip has been carried out by the travel agency contracted Dromo SA, rue Madame de Stael 5, 1201, Genève.
1. BOOKINGS & REFUNDS.
Throughout our website, it is repeatedly highlighted that the trips are organized to appeal to a target audience of people aged 18-35. If the client is less than 18 years old they will have to be accompanied by at least one of their parents or alternatively have written approval to go on the tour from a legal guardian. If the client is more than 35 years old we encourage them to read the travel plan carefully before booking to ensure they are not in an uncomfortable situation during the tour.
We also accept travellers with specific requirements, but due to organization purposes and the fact we want to ensure everyone has the most enjoyable experience possible, we need to know about the latter 60 days before the trip.
Unitrips will only accept one reservation method for all of their events and trips: reservation via the website www.unitrips.org. Following the reservation and subsequent payment of the deposit the reservation will be considered as formalized as soon as the client accepts the conditions and desired extras. In the case that the client wishes to modify part of their reservation you will have to request approval to do so from Unitrips.
The act of booking the trip requires the payment of the indicated deposit, which is part of the total price of the trip, we cannot promise nor confirm that you have the place on the trip until this deposit has been received. Unless the customer is otherwise notified in a written document, the second payment should be paid 30 days before the stated departure date of the trip, otherwise we will consider that the trip has been cancelled, in which case, the agency will apply the conditions that are outlined in the cancellations section of this document.
The prices indicated on this website (except typographical error or omission) are prices that include indirect taxes on consumption when applicable, that have been calculated based on the rates and currency exchange rates on the date of publication of this combined travel contract and / or its brochures and temporary offers, may be revised in the event that there are variations in the cost of transport, including the cost of fuel; in fees and taxes related to certain services; and in the exchange rates applied to the trip. These variations will be imputed automatically to the consumer except in the case that it occurs 20 days before the departure of the client.
2. CANCELLATIONS AND TRANSFERS ON THE PART OF THE CLIENT
At any time, the user or consumer may desist from the services requested or contracted, in this case the client will be entitled to the refund of the amounts that he / she may have paid, whether it is the total price or the deposit previously provided, but must compensate the agency for the instances which are indicated below:
- In the event of individual services: The total of the management expenses, plus the cancellation expenses, if the latter had occurred.
- In the event of combined trips: the cost will depend of the following relationship between the cancellation cost and the between the purchase date and the date of the beginning of the trip, as demonstrated below:
|Days in advance of departure||% Cancellation Cost|
|> 60 days||Deposit paid|
|Between 30 and 60 days||50%|
|< 30 days||100%|
The percentages of the cancellation cost have been calculated based on the total amount of the product that has been purchased, regardless of the amount paid to cover the deposit or any other advanced payment.
The European tours last for more than 5 nights, therefore the deposit will not be refundable.
If you wish to avoid cancellation costs we advise that you purchase cancellation insurance.
- If you do not show up at the scheduled departure time, you will not be entitled to any refund of the amount paid, unless otherwise agreed by the two parties.
- In the event that any of the contracted and canceled services are subjected to special economic conditions of the contract, such as freight of airplanes or boats, apartment hire, special air fares (in which 100% of the tickets are already issued) or accommodation, services provided in certain counties, snow services etc., cancellation fees for withdrawal will be established in accordance with the special condition, as highlighted in the brochure or budget that includes the program on offer that has given rise to this Combination Travel contract.
- The excursions that are originally contracted as an integral part of the combined trip, as well as those that the client can purchase on the trip: will be governed regarding the cancellation expenses for their specific conditions, which will be verbally revealed to the client, they will suffer a 100% penalization of the amount paid if they do not show up to them.
The specific conditions, those set for the cancellation expenses, will be fully applicable regardless of whether the cancellation has occurred due to force majeure of the consumer or not.
In case that an insurance has been contracted and the booked trip is cancelled for causes beyond the customer’s control, the client must choose another date for the trip, or the client will lose the paid amount of the insurance.
All reimbursements that are authorized for any reason will always be formalized online through the website www.unitrips.org, where the original booking was carried out, not making any refund for the services not used voluntarily by the consumer.
Transfer of the travel contract
He/She who has purchased the Combined Trip will be able to hand over their reservation to a 3rd party, as long as they communicate this change with the travel agency 30 days before the departure date of the trip. The transferee will have to satisfy the same requirements as the transferer, generally required for the Combination Trip, and both will be jointly and severally liable to the travel agency for the payment of the price of the trip and the additional costs of the original customer. When the type of fare or characteristics of the means of transport being used or the characteristics of the services to be performed by the third party is impossible, and this has to be reflected in the offer program object of this Combination Travel contract, the organizer and final seller of this may object to the aforementioned change in traveler.
Unitrips reserve the right to charge commission in the case that there is a transfer of the travel contract.
The minimum charge for changing the name of the traveler will be 20€.
3. ALTERATIONS ON THE PART OF UNITRIPS
Unitrips is committed to providing its clients with all the services contracted through the programs-offer contained in its web page, with the stipulated conditions and characteristics. You will be exempted from this obligation when:
- Force majeure circumstances occur
- When the minimum number of participants for a trip or event is not reached (by default, 30 people)
- Sufficient causes, which include cases in which the Agency, despite acting with due foresight and due diligence, cannot provide the services contracted for reasons that are not attributable to it, both understood according to the legislation in force.
If it becomes impossible for Unitrips to provide any type of service, the customer may choose:
- To terminate the contract without any penalty
- To accept a supplement to the contract specifying the modifications introduced and their impact on the price, having to communicate their decisions to the agency within 3 days.
The customer can never request a refund whose quantity exceeds the amount originally paid.
During the execution of the tour/travel package/excursion the program may be subject changes due to unforeseen circumstances such as changes in the weather, problems with the group, and delays due to traffic. If these changes are not relevant and they don´t cause any cost reduction for the agency, the customer cannot request a refund.
If, on the other hand, no planned services are provided, due to circumstances that are not motivated by sufficient causes or force majeure and that account for more than 50% of the price of the trip, the Agency in charge will adopt suitable solution for the continuation of the program without any additional cost for the customer and, in this case, they will pay the latter the amount of difference between the provisions promised and those actually provided. If such solutions are unfeasible or if the customer does not accept them for an objectively valid reason, the Agency will provide, in any case, the return to the place in which the tour began, through an equivalent means of transport, returning the corresponding proportional amount.
In such situations, the customer will be able to demand compensation due to the breach of the contract with Unitrips not continuing with the tour when they have attended sufficient causes or force majeure.
Any inability to provide services or any type of alternation to the latter (including price), as stated by Unitrips to the customer before the contract is signed, does not warrant any demand for compensation by the customer, since this has not been refined, framing the said modification of the program-offer within the natural negotiation process of the contract will be the solution.
The transfer service to the airport, port or station to the hotel or a different location during the trip, is contracted, as a general rule, up to one hour after the official expected arrival of the client. Therefore, if the aforementioned arrival of the client occurs after this hour has passed, even for reasons of force majeure, the transfer service may not be provided.
4. PRICING REVIEW:
All of the prices can be revised, as stated in article 157 of the Law in cases in which the client needs to be informed, and in particular, to include changes in the price of transportation, including the cost of fuel, taxes and fees related to certain services and exchange rates will be applied to organized travel. The final revision of prices should be communicated with the client at least 20 days before the departure date of the trip.
5. THE PRICE OF THE COMBINED TOUR INCLUDES:
- As a general rule, a strict criterion of literality must be followed, which leads to the conclusion that what is not specifically detailed as included in the price of the trip, will not be included in it.
- The transport method for both the journey there and back is only included if highlighted in the contract.
- Technical assistance during the trip, when this service is specifically highlighted in the contract.
- All of the other services and supplements that are specified in the corresponding itineraries.
- The accommodation and/or alimony in the contracted program in each case in the hotels or chosen establishments in cases of replacement.
- By default, the accommodation will consist of residence in multiple shared rooms that range from 2 to 15 beds, depending on the type of accommodation selected. The bathrooms can be shared with several other rooms in the establishment or may be private to each room, this is dependent on the chosen establishment.
- The rates or taxes of the hotel establishment.
- Airport taxes and / or entry and exit fees expect when indicated as a supplement or payable directly by the consumer.
- Indirect taxes (V.A.T, I.G.I.C) when these are applicable.
6. OUR PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Visas, vaccination certificates, extras such as: soft drinks, coffee, wine, mineral water, special dietary requirements, laundry and ironing services, optional hotel services, luggage compartments, tips etc.
- Unless the program says otherwise, the cost of taxis and other urban transportation services, within the cities mentioned throughout the program, are never included.
- With regard to different excursions or optional visits, whose price is indicated with a simple estimated figure, variations on these initially calculated or anticipated costs may occur (depending on the circumstances).
- Optional activates are reserved only when Unitrips has received the corresponding amount.
- In the case that the optional activities are not done due to the fact that there are not enough people who have signed up or due to lack of availability, the money paid by the client will be refunded.
- In the case that there is an individual room available, the price indicated in the reservation form for each person will have to be paid.
- In the case that there are double rooms available, you will have to pay the price per person as indicated in the reservation form. The double room will have to be booked for 2 people; otherwise the rate for an individual room will be applied.
- In the event that the trip requires actions by the customer, penalties may be changed for not complying with the established time. The deadlines, commissions and actions will be duly communicated by email, but in general terms will charged if:
- There is a delay in payment of the outstanding amount after the first warning to receive: €5 per day
- There is a delay in providing the agency with your personal details (online check-in) necessary for the execution of the trip: €20 per day after your first warning, up to a maximum of €100
The Unitrips staffs do not act as monitors throughout the trip, but do accompany the passengers throughout; therefore they are exempt from having any responsibility with respect to the conduct of said passengers.
Travel, medical and cancellation insurance are not included unless explicitly specified in the travel program and contract. In any case, all customers will be informed about the possibility to purchase the latter when reserving the trip.
7. IMPORTANT NOTES ON APARTMENTS, HOTELS, FOOD SERVICES, DOCUMENTS, LUGGAGE & CHILDREN
The rooms that have been reserved by Unitrips sleep multiple people and are all different sizes (they can fit between 2 and 20 beds in them). The customer must accept the proposed bed and the proposed room in the proposed hotel. In the case that a client requests a single or double room they will have to do so before they book the trip and pay the extra amount Unitrips require to fulfill this particular request. All clients must respect the rules that have been established in the place in which they will stay. It is in the interest of the client to do the latter.
The bathroom provided by each residence could be shared with various other rooms or be of private use to one room, this all depends on the accommodation that has been reserved.
In the event that the client damages anything within the establishment in which they are staying, Unitrips can charge them the amount it will take to cover the damage costs.
If the different establishments contracted request a deposit upon arrival, the tour leader is responsible for collecting this off the customers during the tour and giving it to the individual in charge of the establishment.
In the case that the tour leader is absent in the latter situation the client will be equally as responsible.
All of the rules of the contracted establishments are outside of the organization of Unitrips, and the client must adapt to the standards indicated.
Unitrips always advises their clients to travel light and thus try not to travel with suitcases that weigh more than 10-12kg. However, it is prohibited to carry suitcases that exceed the measurements: 773cm x 50cm x 25cm. In the event that you need to transport suitcases or material that exceeds the latter measurements you will need prior approval from Unitrips.
The client´s luggage is not the subject of a land transport contract, meaning that the customer is responsible for their our suitcases, meaning for all purposes that they must keep their luggage with them regardless of the part of the vehicle that in which it is placed and that it is transported at the risk of the customer, without Unitrips being obliged to respond to the loss or damages that the same could suffer throughout the trip for any reason. Therefore it is recommended that all clients are present when the luggage is being loaded and unloaded from the vehicle.
Special economic conditions for children.
Given the diversity of treatment applicable to children, depending on their age, the service provider and the date of travel, it is recommended to always check the scope of the special conditions and that at all times they will be the object to specific and detailed information. In general, regarding the contracted accommodation, children will be in the same residence as the rest of the group as long as this child shares a room with two adults.
All of the clients, without any exceptions, must bring all of their personal and corresponding family documents with them, such as their passport or D.N.I., depending on the laws of the countries that they will be visiting. It will be the customer’s responsibility to prepare the necessary documents prior to the trip, these include visas, passports, vaccination certificates, etc. In the case that an individual is rejected by any Authority, the granting of their visa, for particular reasons out of the client´s control, or if they are denied entry into a certain country due to the fact they cannot comply with all of the requirements that are demanded or because of not being a carrier of the same, Unitrips denies all responsibility for acts of this nature. If any of the a latter or different problems occur they will be at the expense of the customer, applying, in these circumstances the conditions and rules established for the case of voluntary cancellation or withdrawal of services. All customers are also reminded that they must ensure, before starting the trip that they have complied with all of the applicable rules and requirements regarding visa in order to be able to enter in different countries without any issues. The customer does have the right to ask Unitrips about the documentation that they will need during the trip.
Unitrips will be responsible for the proper execution of the obligations that are highlighted throughout the contract with the customer, regardless of whether the aforementioned obligations should be executed by the same or by other service providers, without prejudice to the right of Unitrips to take action against them, and always within the limits established in these general conditions and in the applicable legislation. When the client values, in situ, the contracted services as poorly executed or not executed at all, he / she must immediately notify the provider of the same, and within 48 working hours to Unitrips, so they can go on to take the appropriate measures.
The failure of the client to communicate with Unitrips will result in the clients obligation to prove the breach in the execution of the contract before the Organizing Agency or the Directorate General of Tourism and / or the competent Court, since beyond that period Unitrips would be unable to verify the veracity of the alleged as well as the achievement of a satisfactory solution for all parties involved. In the event that the consumer considers that the solutions arbitrated by the Organizing Agency have not been satisfactory he/ she may file a claim which will be credited with the implementation of manifest of the alleged breach in the 48 working hours following its occurrence, and to which a photocopy of the combined travel contract must be attached, ensuring that this is without prejudice to the provisions of Art. 162 of RD Legislative 1/2007 of 16th November, which approves the revised text of the General Law for the Defense of Consumers and User, as well as other complimentary laws. However, the filing of any claim derived from the Combined Travel Contract does not exempt the client from trip payment in any case. Regarding the limit of compensation for bodily injuries resulting from the non-compliance or poor performance of the benefits included in the package, the provisions of the International Agreements on the subject will be consulted and followed accordingly.
With regards to the non-bodily damages, the compensation may never be greater than the total price of the trip that was initially contracted. Under no circumstances is the agency responsible for the cost of accommodation, maintenance, transportation and other items that originate as a result of departure or return delays due to weather, technical faults, strikes or other force majeure. When the trip is carried out in the Agencies own coaches or alternatively coaches rented by the Organizing Agency, in case of accident, whatever the country in which it occurs, the consumer is expressly subject to the legislation on road accidents of the nation in which it is located and where the vehicle is registered, being able to take shelter, as far as personal damages are concerned, to the insurance of the same, according to the corresponding compensation table provided for that purpose, and by virtue of which said indemnities would be paid to the interested parties, beneficiaries or their legal representatives in the country of registration of the vehicle and precisely in the legal currency of the same.
For those trips that require all clients to travel to the starting destination via plane, the clients must arrive at the airport at least an hour and a half prior to the official departure time and must also strictly adhere to any other specific recommendations that are marked in the travel information document. The air, sea and land companies involved in carrying out the trips offered on this website will not be held responsible for any of the acts, omissions, or irregularities that may occur to the traveler during the time that he/ she remains outside of the respective means of transport. The passenger contract will be the only link that binds the carrier company and the customer/ traveler.
9. PRIVACY AND IMAGE RIGHTS.
During all of the events and trips listed, photographs will be taken and videos will be recorded, both of which will be used to publicize Unitrips through their website, brochures or other digital and printed media. Participating in events and trips organized by Unitrips means that the possibility of being captured in the photos and videos taken is accepted. All copyrights are reserved by Unitrips.
EXPLICIT CONSENT FOR THE PROCESSING OF IMAGES
Dromo SA (Unitrips) is the Responsible for the treatment of the personal data of the Interested Party and informs the latter individual that this data will be treated in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of April 27 (GDPR), Organic Law 3/2018 of December 5 (LOPDGDD), and the Law (ES) 1/1982 of civil protection, right to honor, personal and family privacy and to one’s own image, for which the following treatment information is provided:
End of the treatment: recording of images and videos of the activities carried out by the Responsible for the treatment to publicize them in the media, with the consent of the Interested Party. In no case will the name of the Interested Party be published.
Data retention criteria: will be kept for no longer than necessary to maintain the end of the treatment and when it is no longer necessary for this purpose, they will be eliminated with adequate security measures to guarantee the pseudonymisation of the data or the total destruction of data.
Comunicación de los datos: El Interesado puede no autorizar el tratamiento poniéndose en contacto vía email o telefónica para las siguientes categorías de destinatarios:
Comunication of the data: The interested party may not authorize the treatment by contacting the entity in charge via email or telephone for the following categories of recipients:
- Publication in the media of the responsible
- Publication in external media to the responsible
Rights that assist the Interested Party:
- Right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Right of access, rectification, portability and deletion of your data and the limitation or opposition to its treatment.
- Right to file a claim with the Control Authority (www.aepd.es) if it considers that the treatment does not comply with current regulations.
Contact information to exercise your rights: Dromo SA (Unitrips). Rue Madame de Stael 5, 1201, genève. Email: email@example.com
To carry out the data treatment described, the person in charge of the treatment needs his/her explicit consent or that of his/her legal representative.
The Interested Party consents to the processing of their data in the terms stated:
All copyrights are reserved by Dromo SA.