Discover Morocco with our incredible Marrakech Desert Excursion in a private way. From the imperial city of Marrakech and its fantastic Souk, passing through the great Atlas and the famous Ait ben Haddou we will reach the tops of the most impressive dunes of Morocco. What are you waiting for, choose our Marrakech Desert Tour and enjoy your experience to the fullest!
An exclusive way to get to know Morocco
Prices for groups of a minimum of 2 people
|Accommodation||2-3 pax||4-6 pax||7-9 pax||+10 pax|
Dates: Choose when you want to travel
Día 1 – Arrival in Marrakesh
Día 2 – Marrakesh – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Valle Del Dadés
Día 3 – Valle Del Dadés – Gargantas Del Todra – Desert of Merzouga
Día 4 – Desert of Merzouga – Alto Atlas – Marrakesh
Día 5 – Marrakesh – Airport
- Marrakesh Airport: To get to Marrakech there are low cost flights EVERY day from Madrid or Barcelona. If you have problems finding a flight at the times and on the days you want, we can give you a hand. Before planning, we recommend you to read this article!
Do you want to visit Morocco but have much time? Don´t miss our Mini Tour through Morocco, the perfect election.
*The travel program may suffer unforeseen changes due to weather conditions, traffic… or how fast you are in taking a shower and respecting the meeting point schedules.
*Please confirm with us the availability of your chosen dates before confirming the trip.
Day 1 – Marrakesh
On this first day of our Marrakech Desert Tour, you will have to travel to Marrakech by plane. Once there, the Moroccan staff will be waiting for you to transfer you to your hotel or riad, depending on the category you have chosen. Depending on the time you arrive, there is the possibility to have a first contact with the fabulous city of Marrakech.
Day 2 – Marrakesh – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Valle Del Dadés
After a first night in Morocco, our Berber friends will pick you up at your accommodation in this Marrakech Desert Tour, to head directly to the High Atlas Mountains through the Tizi N’Tichka pass. We will have time to stop and enjoy some breathtaking landscapes, Berber villages and also have a tea and mint coffee.
After descending the mountains, we will make a mandatory stop in the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou, scene of many movies, where we will visit its famous Kasbah (declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO). After free time for lunch in the village we will continue our journey to Ouarzazate, considered the great gateway to the desert and place from where the great expeditions depart. Afterwards, we will leave for the Valley of the Roses called Kelaat Mgouna passing through the great palm grove of Sekoura and Boumalne Dades. Upon arrival we will enjoy dinner and spend our first night in this Marrakech Desert Excursion in the Dades Gorges.
Did you know that…
- The name Marrakech means in Berber “Land of God“. The city is located at the intersection between the desert and the snow-capped peaks of the Atlas Mountains.
- South of the High Atlas, lies the legendary territory of the 1,000 Moroccan kasbahs. The kashbah is an ancient fortified city that was used as a dwelling for the local chieftain and as a defensive system of the territory.
- For its picturesque value, between Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou, also known as “the gateway to the desert”, have been filmed several well-known films such as Gladiator, the Jewel of the Nile, or Sahara.
Day 3 – Valle Del Dadés – Gargantas Del Todra – Desert of Merzouga
After enjoying breakfast we will visit the paradise of climbers all over Africa: the Todra Gorges. The Todra riverbed has formed a gorge of vertical walls of enormous proportions and great beauty: walking among this wonder of nature will make you feel very small!
Free lunch in a typical restaurant and then we will go to the desert to reach the impressive dunes of Erg Chebbi. Once in Merzouga you will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to go sandboarding! After having a great time in the desert dunes, we will offer you a tea, and we will ride camels to the Haimas camp. Depending on the category you have chosen, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a luxury camp or the standard camp and enjoy a romantic sunset among the Sahara dunes.
Before dinner and taking advantage of the occasion, we can climb the big dune or simply those near the camp and enjoy the peace and silence that the moment and the place offers us. We will sleep in the Haima under a blanket of stars in the heart of the desert.
* EXTRA LUXURY CAMP: 50€ per person.
In luxury option the luxury camp is included.
Did you know that…
- The Dades Gorges take their name from the river that digs them.
- It is a huge gorge or gorge that runs several kilometers above sea level.
- It is also called “The road of the thousand kashbahs“. It is clear the importance they give to this type of desert places.
- You should know that, despite being in the desert, Merzouga is a town very prepared for tourism, with hotels of all kinds from which you can hire these excursions.
Day 4 – Desert of Merzouga – Alto Atlas – Marrakesh
We will wake up very early in our Marrakech Desert Excursion to see the sunrise from the Great Dune. We will return to the hotel traveling on our friendly dromedary friends. We will take the opportunity to get strength after the trip and have breakfast and then depart to the Draa Valley, formed by more than 10 million palm trees. We will cross the High Atlas Mountains again and we will head towards Marrakech where we will arrive around 20:00.
Día 5 – Marrakesh – Airport
After breakfast, we will take a guided tour of the city of Marrakech, pearl of southern Morocco. We will visit the Menara reservoir, the palaces of El Badi and La Bahia, the Saadian tombs and many other hidden treasures: the most important in the whole city.
Depending on the time of your return flight, the transfer time to the airport will be planned. It’s time to say goodbye after a great experience with the Marrakech Desert Excursion!
- Roundtrip airport-hotel transfers
- 5 days and 4 nights:
- 1 night in Hotel/ Riad in Marrakech with breakfast in the selected category.
- 1 night in Hotel in Dades Gorges, with dinner and breakfast in the selected category.
- 1 night in nomadic haimas (in the desert of Merzouga) with dinner and breakfast in the selected category.
- 1 night in a hotel in Marrakech with breakfast in the selected category.
- Round trip transportation on camels to reach the nomad tents.
- Guided tour in Marrakech
- Party with the Berbers in the middle of the dunes of the desert
- Transport to the mentioned places in van
- Assistance and cancellation insurance*.
- Flight tickets
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Meals and beverages not specified
- Everything not specified in “included”.
- Optional activities
- Haima with private bathroom in the desert in a standard camp.
- Luxury camp supplement
- Travel insurance
- Extra nights in Marrakech
* No discounts are applied
* Seats are subject to availability, remember to contact us to confirm your reservation.
Book your spot for 100€ only…
.. and pay the rest 30 days before the departure or the whole trip at once.
Before booking, make sure you have all the necessary documents to be able to travel in these countries. The agency declines any responsibility in case of problems at the borders, and people who do not have the necessary documents will be left at the border, and the agency’s services will be considered terminated.
Before leaving we advise you to check the necessary documents for transit in the countries indicated in the event.
You can look it up here, or on the same websites of external ministries of each country.
Don´t worry, we leave you a link with all possible doubts you can have about the trips to Morocco. Don´t hesitate and prepare your luggage!