That you won’t forget
Spain, Italy and The Vatican.
The essence of Unitrips.
It’s time to enjoy the holidays! It will be an adventure that you will never forget so, hop on our boat and bus and let´s go! We will pass through the most beautiful hidden corners to get to know the real essence of Italy.
Next Departures 2022
- 20th to 28th of June: From
- Sold out: 18th to 26th of July: From
- Sold out: 1st to 9th of August: From
- 21st to 28th of June. From
- Sold out: 19th to 26th of July: From
- Sold out: 2nd to 9th of August: From
- 22nd to 28th of June: From
- Sold out: 20th to 26th of July: From
- Sold out: 3rd to 9th of August: From
Close your books and leave all of your stress behind! Today you will begin your Trip to Italy with Unitrips. We will begin our trip in Madrid, the capital of Spain.
We will begin our optional visit of this incredible spanish capital in the afternoon. During this visit we will see all of the main sites of the city such as Retiro Park, Alcala Gates, Cibeles, Sol and the Plaza Mayor, etc…
Following an intense day enjoying this city we will have some free time to eat dinner and in the evening we will hop on our bus and head towards Barcelona.
Did you know…
- The oldest restaurant in the world is located in Madrid! Casa Botín, founded in 1725, is recognised in the Guiness World Book of Records.
- The Royal Palace has some striking features. With a length of 135,000 square metres, is has become the biggest Royal Palace in Western Europe, and therefore one of the biggest in the world.
- Km O can be found in Puerta del Sol, the central point to all four corners of Spain.
- In Retiro Park, you can find the statue of Satan, one of the few representations of the devil in the world and the only one in Spain. It´s a Monument of the Fallen Angel and is exactly 666 metres above sea level.
Towards the end of the day on this Trip to Italy, we will voyage through the Mediterranean Sea. We will spend the night in an elegant cruise, with all kinds of services that will make the journey very enjoyable: a club, videogames room, restaurants, 24h cafes, pool, gym, health center, casino… So order that gin tonic, and take in that warm Mediterranean breeze.
Did you know…
- The construction of Gaudí’s Sagrada Familia is endless. The builder stated that “God had all the time on the planet to see it completed”. The cathedral is so big and complex that no one knows when and IF it will be finished someday.
- There is a Statue of Liberty in Barcelona, in fact it’s one of only three originals. The most famous one is in New York, other in Paris and in Barcelona you can find it close to Arch of Triumph, in the Arus Library.
- Passeig de Gracia is an avenue that hosts the main masterpieces of Gaudí, the idol of architecture of XX. century. Get amazed by his famous houses Pedrera and Battló.
After a whole day enjoying the Mediterranean breeze, we will arrive at Civitavecchia and our Eurobus will take us to the former Caput Mundi in order to begin our tour of Italy.
Rome is known as the “Eternal City”, and you will understand why once we arrive. Time appears to have stopped here hundreds of years back due to the large number of remaining monuments and remains of grand buildings, which turns strolling through the narrow streets of Rome into a trip back in time to the capital’s golden age.
The capital of Italy and previous “caput mundi” awaits us with its vast history. There are a lot of reasons to visit Rome, it is an exciting city that you will want to come back to. The gastronomy and lively atmosphere are only 2 of those enticing reasons. We will start our exploration on our Trip to Italy with the symbol of the city, the most visited landmark in Italy: the Colosseum, which, despite being half torn down, still oozes wonder. However, we won’t stop here, as we proceed to Venice Square with impressive Atlar of the Fatherland, the famous Trevi Fountain, we will follow the route until Panthenon, the Novona Square and finish the day with visit to the Spanish Square. Are you ready?
- Rome Pack: Guided visit of Rome + Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums + Colosseum and Roman Walls: €55
There’s is so much to see! So we leave you another day on our Trip to Italy to discover the wonders of Rome.
Where to begin? Rome wasn’t built in a day, and in one day you cannot visit it either so don’t worry! We will start our tour visiting Castle Sant’Angelo, and also the smallest state in the world with the world’s largest church: Vatican City. Here, we will find the church of San Pedro, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel, where Renaissance artists, like Michelangelo, left their mark.
Unsatisfied? We still need to visit the Pantheon, to tempt luck throwing a coin in the Trevi Fountain, see Saint John’s Archbasilica, and last but not least, to visit the symbol of the city, the most visited monument in Italy: the Coliseum. Despite being half destroyed it maintains the enchantment of its history.
Did you know…
- In the Cathedral of St. Pedro, you will see various stars on the marble floor, directly in the middle of the aisle to the alter. These stars represent the diversity of the different catholic temples in the world.
- The Bocca Della Veritá is located in Sta. Maria, the most famous sewer entrance in the world. According to the legend, if you put your hand in the mouth and you tell a lie, you will be bitten.
After having some unforgettable days in the iconic Rome, today on our Trip to Italy we’ll head to the enchanting Florence, but first, we will make a stop in the Vatican. We will enjoy Florence, as it is the cradle of Renaissance where we will spend the night and you can explore the university night ambience of Santa Croce.
We will spend the night near Florence, the birthplace of the renaissance.
Did you know…
- The Vatican is a sovereign country with covering no more than 0,44 km2, and is the smallest country in the world. It only has borders with Italy, which completely surrounds it. It hosts the Basilica of San Pedro, which is the world’s largest church.
- The Vatican Bank is the only bank in the world that allows users to select Latin as a language on an ATM to carry out its operations
“Buongiorno Principessa” said Benigni, an actor from the city of Florence, in the film “Life is Beautiful”.
Today you can visit numerous fine arts by these creators in the historical center of the Uffizi, or if walking round an exhibition hall is not for you, you could walk up the hill where you can simply see the mesmerising arch of Brunelleschi which dominates the city.
- Trip to Pisa with lunch included.
After visiting the city, we will head to the unique and beautiful “City of Canals”, the city that had the honor of being one of the most powerful, rich and populated cities for many centuries, dominating the Mediterranean and the comerical routes of the west: Venice!
Do you want to find out more unmissable information about Florence?
Fall in love with this city on our Trip to Italy! Venice is one of the most photographed places in the world. Don’t waste time, grab your camera and find your inner photographer; bridges, Vaporettos and Gondolas are all waiting to be snapped!
Appreciate the Basilica of San Marco, whose Murano glasswork has obvious Byzantine influence, as do the multicoloured little houses of Burano!
- Vience Pack: Includes visit to Murano and Burano: Visit of these two islands of the Venetian lagoon.
Did you know…
- The only way to get around the city is on foot or by water. It is illegal to drive a car or ride a bicycle in this district
- Walking around Venice could give you the feeling that there are numerous canals, whereas there are in fact just two: the Grand Canal and the Giudecca Canal. The other little waterways that course through the restricted lanes are considered rivers
Every good thing has an end… and after this exciting adventure and Trip to Italy among the amazing cities of southern and western Europe, it’s time to say goodbye…we hope you come back to another Euro-Adventure!
Add 4 countries to your trip and make the most of starting and finishing in Madrid saving travel costs with our Express Western Europe Tour
The program could suffer unforeseen changes due to weather conditions, traffic… or the ability of the group to respect meeting times.
The cities where we will sleep are subject to availability, depending on the flexibility of the hotels or hostels. The quality of the establishment will not change.
The suggested programme doesn’t include optional/extra activities. You will have opportunity to book some of them in the reservation form, while the others will be proposed by the tour leader along the tour.
We don’t guarantee the availability of the optional activities, specially if the service is external to Unitrips. In case of the cancellation of the activity, paid amount will be reimbursed.
Madrid (2 options):
- 31-07-2021 / 10-04-2022 / 20-06-2022 / 18-07-2022 / 01-08-2022. afternoon. At Atocha station at 16h for the Waling Tour
- 01-08-2021 – night at 00:30h (infront of the Ministery of Agriculture) *Be careful! This means the night between the 19th & 20th June / 15th & 16th July / 31st July & 1st August
- 01-08-2021 / 11-04-2022 / 21-06-2022 / 19-07-2022 / 02-08-2022. Port of Barcelona at 21.00h
- 02-08-2021 / 12-04-2022 / 22-06-2022 / 20-07-2022 / 03-08-2022. (Timetable to be confirmed)
You will receive more detailed information about the trip via email once you have reserved your place.
If you are having any problems finding a flight to fit the times that you need, we can help you out! Before you do anything else, we suggest you read this article!
- Transport in our comfortable Unibus to all the mentioned destinations
- 9 days and 8 nights in the best hostels, hotels and bungalows in Europe:
- 1 night on a bus (Madrid-Barcelona)
- 1 night on a cruise ship*
- 3 nights in Rome
- 1 night in Florence
- 2 nights in Venice
- 6 Breakfasts
- Multiple beds rooms – (or you can specify a single or double room)
- All transport between the cities mentioned in the program
- All costs related to parking, transport and tolls
- Group leader during the whole trip
- Assistance throughout the whole trip
- Guided tours in mentioned cities given by tour leaders
- Many other surprises!
- Everything that is not mentioned in “Includes”
- Plane tickets
- Transport to the starting point
- Travel insurance and cancellation
- Optional activities
- Entrance fees for monuments and attractions
- Visa fees or other administrative costs
- Transport within the cities (metro, taxi etc.)
Optional Activities, Extras:
- Departure from Madrid
- Deparutre from Barcelona
- Rome Pack: Guided walk around Rome + Sistine Chapell and Vatican Museums + Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Pisa & Lunch
- Venice Pack: Includes a trip to Murano and Burano
(You can reserve your extras once you have booked your trip, through our app which we will give you access to)
Every optional activity requires a minimum of 30 participants to go ahead
Book your place for a small deposit…
…and pay the rest 45 days before your departure.
Transport on Bus:
The main mode of transport for this trip will be on bus. Important: On this trip the group will be divided and put onto various different buses in the case of high demand. Therefore due to logistic reasons, Unitrips can not ensure that all of our clients will be able to complete the trip on the sme bus. Unitrips will choose which bus each passanger goes on.
The multiple rooms are from 3 to 9 beds, according to the availability of the establishment. If you want a double or single room, mark this extra in your booking form.
Language of the tour:
The main language of this tour will be Spanish. However specific translations will be given as much as possible for those who speak english as it is not feasible to carry out the tour in 2 different languages simultaneously.
Minimum number of participants:
As this is a group trip, a minimum of 30people are required for the trip to be confirmed.
This trip is entirely organized by Unitrips, a travel agency registered in ” Dirección General e Turismo de la Comunidad de Madrid” with CICMA License 2900 and FETAVE member