Discover the secrets of the cities of art such as Pisa and Florence and enjoy the colours and beauty of the 5 villages hanging off the banks of the Mediterranean Sea. Enjoy this tour of Tuscany.
After leaving our suitcases in the bed and breakfast we will start exploring both this beautiful city, home to one of the most famous towers in the world, and its millenary history.
And don´t worrry, you will have all the time in the world to take photos of this famous tilted tower!
If you fancy you can go up the tower, go inside the incredible Romanesque-style cathedral, and adrime the monumental holy field, all of which can be found in the “Plaza de Milagros”.
However, despite what all of the tourist books say, Pisa is not all about the tower. But don´t worry we will give you all of the best tips and advice about places to see so you can make the most out of this visit.
Do you like icecream? If so, you are in the best country! You can devour an authentic italian icecream whilst watching the incredible sunset on the banks of the Arno river. You can wander through the medieval old town, its old markets…and you cannot forget to visit the Plaza de los Caballeros, a square that was remodeled by the Medici family after the conquest of Pisa by Florence. Behind this square are many hidden secrets, all of which you can learn about here.
Did you know that…
- Pisa has a ttel of 3 inclined towers, although only one is well known and resultantly attracts the most attention from tourists. It is usually featured in photos of people ´holding it up´!
- There is a small church that is located on the banks of the Arno river. The legend has it that it was here where a thorn from the crown of Jesus was found.
- Offically it only has 90k inhabitants, but its student populaytion exceeds 50k. So you can already imagine what the atmosphere in this city is like.
- Pisa tiene un total de 3 torres inclinadas, aunque sólo una se lleva la gran fama y es la que más turistas atrae para sacarse la típica foto “sosteniéndola”.
- Hay una pequeña iglesia que está a las orillas del río Arno. Aquí la leyenda cuenta que se encontró una espina de la corona de Jesús.
- Oficialmente tiene apenas 90k habitantes, pero su población estudiantil supera los 50k. Así que ya te puedes imaginar el ambiente que te vas a encontrar.
To make the most of today we need to get up early to get to Pisa train station, which is a 15 minuet walk away. From here we will get on the train and in about 1 hour we will arrive in Florence.
From Santa Maria Novella station and with our guidence , it will be really easy to explore all there is to see in Florence.
After leaving the station, and visiting the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, we will continue our exploration! After a short walk you will be in Calle de Calzaiuoli, where the most prestigious Italian fashion stores are located. We will continue walking along this street until we arrive at the mythical Plaza de la Señoria, where you must stop in order to be able to admire all of the monuments within this iconic Fiorentina square.
From there we will visit the Uffizi art gallery, and the mythical “old bridge”.
Are you ready to see more? Or are you too tired?
There is still time to visit Palazzo Pitti and the Garden of Boboli. You could aslo walk to the mythical square of Miguel Angel, where you can take a picture with the dome of the cathedral in the background.
Do you want to try some typcial Florencian food? In the list of tips that we gave you, we have reccomended a few dishes and restaurants to eat… so make sure you don´t fall into a tourist trap!
After an unforgettable day we will hop on the train to get back to Pisa, in order to enjoy the university nightlife in Pisa or go to bed and rest after a long, exciting day!
Did you know that…
- The city of Florence became the capital of Italy between 1865 and 1871, before it was Rome.
- Stendhal visiting Florence had a feeling of uneasiness for the beauty that emanated from the city and the perfection of the Renaissance geometries that he even felt discomfort: it is from this that originates the famous Stendhal syndrome.
- As the legend has it…if you want luck with money you mustlook for a small boar in Florence…
Do you want to know more?
- La ciudad de Florencia llegó a ser capital de Italia entre los años 1865 y 1871, antes de que lo fuera Roma.
- Stendhal visitando Florencia tuvo una tal sensación de desasosiego por la belleza que emanaba la ciudad y la perfección de las geometrías renacentistas que tuvo incluso malestar: de allí sale la famosa síndrome de Stendhal.
- Si quieres tener suerte con el dinero, busca un pequeño jabalí en Florencia… la leyenda cuenta que
¿Quieres saber más?
After a day full of culutre and excitement in Pisa, today we will get on a train and head to one of the worlds most unique coasts.
After an hour or so on the train we will arrive in La Spezia, from where we must hop on another train to get to the natural park of 5 Terre.
This area was named a UNESCO world heritage site and includes, among other things, 5 villages, each on different, but all spectacular.
Don´t worry we will give you all of the best tips so you can really make the most out of this day. You will be able to enjoy its beaches, trails, rocks, food and also be able to take the best photos so all of your instagram follows will die of envy!
After enjoying the incredible sunset in this breathtaking location we will get back on the train and head back to Pisa to rest after a longgggggg day!
The time has come to head back home 🙁
If you don´t want to leave just yet, you can lengthen your stay in Pisa, Florence or other Tuscan destinations of your choice. We would be more than happy to help you out!
If you have an afternoon flight, you time to see more of Pisa. We can give you some tips on what to do if you need help! Just make sure you don´t waste a minute of your stay!
If you don´t have more time to do anything else due to your flight time, you need to head to the airport or the train station to start your journey home.
Price per person(min 2)
From October to April
- If 2 people: 199 € / Per person
- If 3 people: 195 € / Per person
- If 4 people: / Per person
- If >4 ask us for a personal quote
From May to September:
- If 2 people: 219 € / Per person
- If 3 people: 210 € / Per person
- If 4 people: 205 € / Per person
- If >4 ask us for a personal quote
Prices may change during months in which there is high demand, for example:
- 31st December
- 31st October
- 16th June
- 4 days in Pisa, Florence and 5 Terre
- 3 nights in Pisa
- Accommodation in an B&B or apartments
- 2/3/4 bed rooms
- Round trip from Pisa – Florence
- Round trip from Pisa – La Spezia
- Entry into 5 Terre
- Mauels and maps needed to enjoy the city
- And many more surprises…
- Everything that is not mentioned in “what´s included”
- Plane tickets: departure and return
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Travel or cancellation insurance
- Visa or other administrative expenses
- Extra nights in Pisa with breakfast: + 30 € per person per night
- Extra nights in 5 Terre with breakfast: + 35 € per person per night
- Extra nights in Florence with breakfast: + 30 € per person per night
- Transfer from the airport to the B&B in Pisa in a private car: 20 € (Max 4 people)
- Transfer from the B&B in Pisa to the airport in a private car: 20 € (Max 4 people)
- Excursion to the Beach of Pisa in city bus
- Visit to Lucca by train from Pisa
- Renting a bike
- Organized tour to Siena
- Visit to Vulturis (Twilight) by public bus
- Renting a car
Meeting Point: Pisa
EVERYDAY there are many cities in Spain in which there are cheap flights in Pisa:
- Palma de Mallorca
The main low cost airlines are:
- Ryan air
Check the prices at different comparrision website or with this search engine.
If you are having problems finding flights that fit the dates and time you need, we can help! But first we suggest you read this article!
Do you still have some doubts? Contact us at email@example.com, and we will help find the best combination for you!
B&B and apartments
You can chose where you want to stay:
B&B in the centre of Pisa – B&B Le Donzelle di Vettovaglie
- Central, accessible and close to the old town of Pisa
- Includes an italian breakfast in a bar in the main square
- Communal kitcehn and a large living room
Apartments like a typical Tuscan Villa – Appartamenti le Navi Antiche
- 10 mins from the Tower of Pisa
- Parking spaces
- Easy to get to 5 Terre
- Pool in summer
- Huge garden
- Private kitchen
*Places subject to availability