Your time has come! Grab your backpack and join one of our cheap group trips. 18 days in which you will enjoy the summer like a true traveler, storming the cities with the summer sun.
Next Departure 2023:
- Venice: June 18th to July 5th: since
- Venice: July 13th to July 30th: since
Day 1 – Venice
Day 2 – Venice
Day 3 – Venice – Vienna
Day 4 – Vienna
Day 5 – Vienna – Budapest
Day 6 – Budapest
Day 7 – Budapest – Bratislava – Prague
Day 8 – Prague
Day 9 – Praga – Berlin
Day 10 – Berlin
Day 11 – Berlin – Amsterdam
Day 12 – Amsterdam
Day 13 – Amsterdam – Brussels
Day 14 – Brussels – Bruges*
Day 15 – Brussels – Paris
Day 16 – Paris
Day 17 – Paris – Bus
Day 18 – Bus – Madrid
- Venice: At the Hostel. 19:00 (Aprox)
The final times will be announced via email a couple of days before the departure.
For different departure points, please, consult us.
To get to Venice you can choose:
- By bus
- By plane
- By train
The travel program may be subject to changes due to organizational or other reasons. Changes do not give rise to any right of return or reimbursement.
The indicated program does not include optional/extra activities. Some of them you can choose in the booking form, the other activities will be informed by our tour leader during the tour.
We will heading an italian gem: Venice.
Venice had the honor of being crowned one of the most powerful, rich and populated cities over a period of many years in the past. It dominated trading routes in both the Mediterranean and the oreint. What´s more, the art that was fostered here is one of a kind which can clearly be exemplified in the works of Marco Polo.
Fall in love with this city! Venice is one of the most photographed places in the world. Don’t waste time, grab your camera and find your inner photographer; bridges, Vaporettos and Gondolas are all waiting to be snapped!
Make sure you take some time to enjoy the Byzantine influenced art which is best exemplifed in the architecture of the Basillica of San Marco. You should also take a stroll down the canal, starting from the Rialto Bridge. You could also just get lost in the narrow streets and see where you end up!
- Venice Pack: Access ticket, 2 train tickets, guided tour of the city, visit to the Master of Murano Glass, gondola ride along the canals of Venice.
Did you know…
- The last bridge built in Venice was designed by a Spanish architect: Calatrava.
- From time to time in Venice there is a phenomenon called “Acqua Alta”. It causes a sharp rise in the water level in the lagoon of Venice, which usually lasts about 3 – 4 hours. Depending on the intensity with which it occurs, it can flood, with half a meter of water, most of the historic center.
- The only way to get around the city is on foot or by water. It is illegal to drive a car or ride a bicycle in this district.
- Walking around Venice could give you the feeling that there are numerous canals, however there are in fact just two: the Grand Canal and the Giudecca Canal. The other little waterways that course through the restricted lanes are considered rivers.
It´s time to leave Italy and continue this backpacking trip around Europe. We will cross the border to get to Austria, where we will visit its incredible capital. We will arrive at the end of the day and we´ll have time to rest in this country full of towns in the mountains with an imperial history and Baroque architecture. Vienna is waiting for us!
Did you know…
- Vienna was the cultural capital of the 19th century. the Hapsburgs financed all kinds of artists, and this is why today its somewhere you have to visit in your lifetime.
- Vienna managed to gain independence from Russian occupation and become a neutral country in 1955. This is why nowadays it is a much richer and more developed country than its neighbours.
- Make sure you take a look at the traffic lights, you´ll notice something very curious.
Today, on our backpacking trip around Europe, we will have to wake up early to make the most of the day, because Vienna has a lot to offer.
You will have a chance to choose whether to join the optional bus tour around Vienna or to go walking around the centre.
On the bus tour, you will visit all the main tourist spots in Vienna, from Prater and its oldest ferris wheel in Europe, across the Danube to Ringstrasse, admiring some beautiful monuments from the nineteenth century.
You will also see a Russian soldier or two and the incredible Belvedere palace (which, today, houses the Klimt museum)… and you will have the opportunity to feel like Princess Sissi in the gardens of the Schonbrunn palace.
- Bus Tour of Vienna: Ringstrasse and Schonbrunn (with local professional guide)
Fancy something to eat? Well you have to try the very unoriginal Schnitzel and the Sacher-Torte cake, the most famous chocolate cake in the world (according to Austrians)
Today on our backpacking trip around Europe we will wake up in Vienna, then after a delicious breakfast we will set off towards another country, Hungary. We will arrive in the capital, Budapest, to take a walk, are you ready? There still so much left to explore with its panoramic views and it is known as one of th most surprising cities in all of Europe.
It’s time to explore the city which was born by unification of two sections: ‘Buda’ on the west side of the river Danube and ‘Pest’ on the east side.
Since ’89 Hungary and it’s capital have been known for impressive development and every year they receive more and more tourists, youngsters in particular are attracted by the festivals held here and the nightlife provided by the famous Ruins Bars.
Feeling chilly? Then don’t forget your swimsuit as you will have the chance to enjoy the best thermal baths in Europe, either at Szechenyi or at Gellert.
Day 7-Budapest – Bratislava – Prague.
¡Vitejte v Cesku!
Today on this backpacking trip around Europe we will leave the Hungarian capital behind and head towards the heart of the Czech Republic and its capital Prague. But before we will make a stop in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia with a peculiar character which few people know about. You can see the old quarter and the Danube river from the reconstructed castle of Bratislava.
Day 8- Prague.
Enjoy a stroll through the Old Town… We will take you through the Wenceslas Square, universally known for being the scene of the “Prague Spring”, discover the most famous astronomical clock in the world, and cross the Vltava River by St. Charles Bridge. Famous for its 30 baroque sculptures, we will arrive at the foot of the largest castle in the world, where a world reference of literature lived: Kafka.
Still have energy? Then you still have to discover the New Town, also of medieval origin, and the old Jewish Quarter.
We hope you didn’t get too tired today, because Prague is known for its parties and beers.
- Transport in our comfortable Unibus to the cities mentioned in programme
- 18 days and 17 nights in hotels and hostels in Europe:
- 2 Nights in Venice
- 2 Nights in Vienna
- 2 Nights in Budapest
- 2 Nights in Prague
- 2 Nights in Berlin
- 2 Nights in Amsterdam
- 2 Nights in Brussels
- 2 Nights in Paris
- 1 Night in Bus (from Paris)
- 16 breakfasts
- Multiple beded rooms with shared or private bathrooms depending on the establishment (single or double/twin room if you request)
- All costs related to parking And tolls
- All transport between the cities mentioned in the program
- Group leader during the whole trip
- Assistance throughout the whole trip
- Guided walks in mentioned cities given by tour leaders
- And other surprises…
- Everything that is not mentioned in “Includes”
- Plane tickets
- Transport to the starting point
- Travel insurance and cancellation insurance
- Entrance fees for monuments and attractions
- Visa fees or other administrative costs
- Transport within the cities (metro, taxi etc.)
- Optional activities offered on the tour
Optional Activities, Extras:
- Venice Pack: Access ticket, 2 train tickets, guided tour of the city, visit to the Murano Glass Master, gondola ride along the canals of Venice
- Vienna Tour: bus tour through Ringstasse and Schonbrunn in Vienna with local guide
- Bus tour with professional local guide in Berlin
- Boat trip on the Amsterdam Canals
- Tour of the Dutch windmills, Zaanse Schans
- Excursion to Bruges
- Paris by Night
- And many more…
(You will be able to book your extras once you have booked your trip, through an App to which we will give you access)
Each optional activity requires a minimum of 30 participants.
Book with only 200€. You are free to pay as you wish up to 45 days before the tour.
Change of plans? Let us know 60 days in advance and you can change your reservation to any tour.
Transport by Bus:
Transportation will be by private bus. Important: On this trip, the group may be divided into several buses in case of high demand, so for logistical reasons, Unitrips does not ensure that all travelers take the tour in the same bus. Unitrips will allocate the seats on the buses to the travelers.
The multiple rooms are from 3 to 9 beds, depending on the availability of the establishment. If you want double/twin or single room you can book the extra service present in the booking form. The cities where we will sleep may vary depending on the availability of the accommodations, without this implying a major change in the course of the program. Unitrips reserves the right to make reservations in cities close to those mentioned in case of unavailability.
The main language of the tour will be Spanish. However, translations will be provided as far as possible for English-speaking participants as it is not feasible to conduct the tour in 2 languages simultaneously.
Minimum of Participants:
As this is a group trip, it will only take place when there is a minimum of 30 participants per trip.
This trip is organized entirely by Unitrips, a travel agency registered with the General Directorate of Tourism of the Community of Madrid with CICMA 2900 and member of FETAVE.