Crossing the continent
Italy, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, France and Spain
Enjoy the full Unitrips experience
Summer has arrived and the party has started! It´s time to pack your suitcase and enjoy the summer travelling through Europe. Conquer the heart of cities like Venice, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris. Join us on this tour x europe for students!
Next Departures 2022:
- 17th to 27th of May: From
- 24th of July to 3rd of August: From
- 7th to 17th of August: From
It’s time to leave everything to travel to Venice, and start this wonderful tour of Europe for students you will never forget. We will be waiting for you in this beautiful Italian city, the city of canals where the San Marcos Basilica can be found.
- Murano and Burano: Visit of these two islands of the Venetian lagoon
Did you know…
- The last bridge built in Venice was designed by a Spanish architect: Calatrava.
- Every so often in Venice a phenomenon occurs called “Acqua Alta“. Which causes a steep rise in the water level in the Venetian lagoon, normally takes about 3-4 hours. Depending on the intensity with which it occurs, it can flood, with half a meter of water, most of the old town.
- Cars do not circulate in Venice, not even bicycles because it is prohibited, they even fine you. The only way to get around the city is on foot or by water.
- Although strolling through Venice, it gives us the impression that there are many canals, there are only two, the Canal Grande and the Canal Giudecca. The rest of the small channels that flow between the narrow streets are called rivers.
Today we will carry on falling in love with this city. Venice is one of the most photographed places in the world. Don’t waste time, grab your camera and find your inner photographer; bridges, Vaporettos and Gondolas are all waiting to be snapped!
Make sure you take some time to enjoy the Byzantine influenced art which is best shown in the architecture of the St. Marks Basillica. You should also stroll down the canal, starting from the Rialto Bridge but if you really want to enjoy this city you should also just get lost in the narrow streets and see where you end up!
- Venice Pack: Trip to Murano and Burano (the two islands located in the ventiain lagoon)
It´s time to say arrivederci to Italy, to continue this tour x europe. Another day… another country.. Germany!
From there we will continue our trip through Europe and cross Bavaria to arrive in Munich, its capital, famous for its beer festival and and Bayern! Get ready to try the most typical thing from here… Beer!
But before arriving in the city we will make a stop at the castle that inspired Disney…. Neuschweinstein!
Did you know…
- The literal translation of the Castle of Neuschwanstein in English is the “New Stone Swan”
- Neuschweinstein Castle was built in an era in which castles and forts were no longer needed, from a strategic point of view. It was born from the imagination of Luis II as a pure romantic fantasy of an idealized medieval castle.
- Its design is not functional , it is purely aesthetic, being largely the product of the mind of a theatrical set designer.
Today on this tour x europe we will wake up in Germany. We will spend the morning getting to know the city of Munich. We give you the optional activity or on the other hand you can stay resting in Munich and getting to know the city by yourself.
Munich is not only a rich and modern city, it has tonnes of history. Therefore, if time allows, we will try to visit the cathedral and the Marien Platz with its famous gothic clock, which has 43 bells and 32 animated figures that dance every morning at 12.
After, on this trip through Europe, we will stay in Germany, but hop back on the bus to head towards the financial centre of Germany – Frankfurt. Today we have had quite a long day, therefore we recommend that you make yourself comfortable, relax, and enjoy the increible views of the hils and the landscapes of Southern Germany.
- Visit to the Concentration Camp of Dachau
Guten Morgen Deutschland! Today we will continue our tour x europe and head towards the centre of Cologne, the city famous for the most gothic cathedrals of all cathedrals. Our day will begin with a lot of excitement, we will make a visit to the centre of Cologne, see incredible some incredible views from the other side of the river. We will eat something then, as this afternoon the liberal city of Amsterdam awaits us!!
We will arrive in Amsterdam, leave our cases and head straight to the famous Red Light District of the city.
Culture and liberal politics have made Amsterdam a world reference for liberal people all over the world, especially those who push for the legalization of soft drugs (marijuana and hashish) and the legalization of prostitution.
But Amsterdam is not just coffee shops and red light district, take a walk through the Van Gogh Museum, Rembrandt museum, the Moco or Rijksmuseum or visit the Anne Frank House, and if you fancy a beer, Heineken is your star choice!
- Entrance to the Anne Frank house
- Visit to the Heineken Experience
- Boat trip on the Amsterdam Canals
- Excursion to Dutch Windmill village, Zaanse Schans
Did you know…
- The facade of numerous houses that populate Amsterdam lean forwards. The explanation for this is that its architects built them feeling that, given their narrowness, the best way to get furniture into the house is through the top story windows. Therefore every house has a hook on its rooftop and furniture can be hoisted to prevent the it from crashing into the facade
- Amsterdam is the most liberal city in the world, so we think. It was the first city in the world to legalize same sex marriage, marijuana and prostitution
- Most men and women are tall in Amsterdam. Men measure an average of 184 cm and women 170 cm
Afterwards on this tour x europe we will head to Belgium, the heart of the EU.
When we arrive in Brussels, you will be able to decide what you want to do.
You can stay in Brussels and rest, enjoy the many parks it has to offer or stroll down the many avenues full of shops and resturants. Alternatively you can hop back on the Unitrips bus and come with us to the north of Belgium. We will be travelling to Bruges and Ghent, the 2 Flemish cities, par exellence. We will begin the day in beautiful university city of Ghent and will we finish by putting the cherry on top of the cake with a visit to Bruges. Bruges is the most visited city in Belgium, after the captial. We will also stop at the Atomium to take lots of photos!
You will we amazed how well these two medieval cities have been preserved over the years, the northern European architectual style remains completely intact.
- Excursion to Bruges – Ghent – Atomium
Did you know…
- The famous Manneken Pis statue in Brussels, also known as meón child, is not the original. There have been silent replacements of the statue due to it being damaged and stolen by vandals repeatedly.
- The three typical delights of Brussels are: frites, waffles and beer
- There are many types of beer in Brussels, and the Delirium bar is one of the most picturesque, collecting them all
- There is a wellspring of hot water, cold water and sparkling water in the middle of the city, located at the Gare Central
- Some of its universities follow the Flemish method of education, while others remain French
- During the Middle Ages, Bruges encountered its most prominent financial height which is reflected in its Gothic design. The city started its decay when its port was blocked by sandbars
- Contrary to the popular belief that relates the name of the city to a story about witches, “Brugge” has its roots in the Old Dutch word for “bridge”.
- It belongs to Flanders, cuturaly much richer region than Wallonia (the southern part of Belgium).
We’ll say our goodbyes to the amazing Brussels!
It’s time to Set our GPS in the direction of where we’ve all been waiting for… Paris!! After breakfast we will head towards “The City of Lights”. It’s known for being the cosmopolitan capital of France and also it’s one of the most populated and visited cities of Europe. The city of Love.
If the traffic allows, we will go straight to visit the Sun King to Versailles, and visit the gardens (optional activity). We will also have a panormamic tour of the city on our bus on our tour x europe.
- Paris by Night
Did you know…
- The Eiffel Tower is 18 cm higher in summer, given the expansion of iron.
- Why Paris is called City of Light? Its because many burglaries used to take place, so the mayor ordered putting candles in all windows, until gas lamps were installed on the streets.
- A problem called “Paris Syndrome“ affects many Japanese who arrive to the city with very high expectations which are not fulfilled during their visit so they suffer great disappointment. There is even a phone line available 24 hours a day for victims of the syndrome.
It´s time to start the day. Today we have a couple of optional activities to offer you on this tour x europe.
In the morning you can come with us to the Palace of Versailles, one of the most visited placed in France.
Or if you decide to have free time to emjoy the city by yourself, it´s the perfect time to visit the Louvre, and its thousandas of exhibitions. And why not wink at the Mona Lisa. If you prefer modern architecture and futuristic skyscrapers you can visit the La Defénse neighbourhood, or even go up the Eiffel Tower.
At night we will hea for Madrid on our bus.
After spending the night on the bus, we will arrive once again in the city where everything began: Madrid. After checking-in to our accommodation, we will have some free time to do some activities or visits that you still have left to do and to say goodbye to our fantastic trip!
Hey Unitrippers, early in the morning we will head to the airport to end our incredible tour x europe.
Our trip may have ended, but you have memoreis and you have made lots of new friends on the journey!
Now you can say that you know half of Europe and will have memories of the prettiest cities.
If you want to add 2 Italian gems to your trip, Rome and Florence, take a look at our trip for Classic Italy
The program could suffer unforeseen changes due to weather conditions, traffic… or the ability of the group to respect meeting times.
The suggested programme doesn’t include optional/extra activities. You will have opportunity to book some of them in the reservation form, while the others will be proposed by the tour leader along the tour.
- Venice: In the airport
The final times will be announced via email a couple of days before the departure.
To get to Venice you can choose between going:
- By bus
- By plane
- By train
For different departure points, please consult us.
- Transport in our comfortable Unibus to all the mentioned destinations.
- 11 days ang 10 nights in the best hostels, hotels and campsites in Europe:
- 2 Nights in Venice
- 1 Night in Munich
- 1 Night in Frankfurt
- 2 Nights en Amsterdam
- 1 Night in Brussels
- 1 Night in Paris
- 1 Night on bus
- 1 Night in Madrid
- 9 breakfasts
- Multiple bedrooms – (or you can specify a single or double room)
- Transport between the cities
- All parking and toll related costs
- Group leader throughout the whole trip
- Assitance throughout the whole trip
- Guided tours in mentioned cities given by tour leaders.
- Public transport in the cities (for group activities)
- Welcome kit
- Sim card valid in all of Europe
- Pack Venice
- Visit to Dacahau Concentration Camp
- Canal Boat Amsterdam
- Anne Frank House
- Heineken Experience
- Dutch Windmill Village
- Trip to Bruges and Ghent
- Paris by Night
- Many other surprises
- Everything not mentioned in “Includes”
- Plane tickets
- Transport to the point of departure
- Travel or cancellation insurance
- Tickets to monuments, parks, attractions.
- Visa or administrative expenses.
- Other public transport (not in group)
- Optional activities
(You can reserve your extras once you have booked your trip, through our app which we will give you access to)
Every optional activity requires a minimum of 30 participants to go ahead
Reserve your place for a small deposit…
… and pay the rest 45 days before your departure.
Transport in Bus:
The main form of transport used throughout the trip will be bus. Important: During this trip the group will be divided and put on various different buses (in the case that there is high demand), due to logistical reasons, Unitrips cannot ensure that you will be on the same bus for the entire trip. Unitrips will be in charge of asigning all of the passangers onto the different buses.
Hop on – hop off
Do you want to join a few days later? Do you want to leave us a few days before? Ask for a custom quote, and we will try to give you a reduced price!
The rooms that will be available on this tour will range frorm 3 to 9 beds, depending on the availabilty. If you want a double/twin or single room you can book this extra service in the reservation formThe cities in which we will sleep may vary depending on the availability of accommodation, supposing that this will not have an impact on the organisation of the tour. Unitrips reserves the right to book accommodation in the nearby cities of those in the program in the case of unavalibility.
Language of the tour:
The main language of this tour will be Spanish. However specific translations will be given as much as possible for those who speak english as it is not feasible to carry out the tour in 2 different languages simultaneously
Minimum de participants
As it is a group trip, it will be done only by having a minimum of 30 participants per trip.
August date with GUARANTEED DEPARTURE.
This trip is entirely organized by Unitrips, a travel agency registered in ” Dirección General e Turismo de la Comunidad de Madrid” with CICMA License 2900 and FETAVE member