That you won’t forget.
Spain, Italy and The Vatican
The full Unitrips experience.
Make the most of the summer traveling in Europe! It’s time to celebrate end of studies with Unitrips travelers! So don’t think twice and join us to Tour Italy from Madrid.
Next Departures 2022:
- 9th to 27th of April: From
- 16th of July to 3rd of August: From
- 30th of July to 17th of August: From
Is there any better plan for summer than to travel?
Pack your case and lets go!! Today our incredible tour through Europe begins. Tour Italy from Madrid where you will get to know young people from all over the world and live unforgettable experiences.
After a transfer from the airport we will have a tour of the city to get our first image of Madrid.
We will begin in Madrid of the Austrias, a large zone of the Spanish capital, corresponding to the Medieval layout of the city, where we can find the famous Plaza Mayor, the Puerta del Sol, the Plaza de Oriente as well as the Royal Palace, the Gardens of Sabatini and the Cathedral of the Almudena.
Did you know…
- The oldest restaurant in the world is located in Madrid! Casa Botín, founded in 1725, is recognised in the Guiness World Book of Records.
- The Royal Palace has some striking features. With a length of 135,000 square metres, is has become the biggest Royal Palace in Western Europe, and therefore one of the biggest in the world.
- Km O can be found in Puerta del Sol, the central point to all four corners of Spain.
- In Retiro Park, you can find the statue of Satan, one of the few representations of the devil in the world and the only one in Spain. It´s a Monument of the Fallen Angel and is exactly 666 metres above sea level.
For today on this trip through Europe where you can Tour Italy from Madrid, you can choose to have a few more hours discovering Madrid and its charms or you can choose of the the two optional activities that we offer: Escape to Toledo or an adrenaline filled day in the Warner Attraction Park.
Do you choose to stay in Madrid? Great. There’s still lots of things to see!
During the day we recommend visiting Retiro Park, known by many as the “Central Park of Madrid”. Very close to there you will find the Atocha Train Station, where inside you can visit the 11M Monument, a cylindric structure that is 11 metres high, dedicated to the victims of the bombings in Madrid that happened in March 2004.
A short walk away are also other monuments like the Alcalá Gates of the Palace of Communications, nowadays HQ to the town hall and council, and without a doubt one of the most emblematic buildings of the city.
This afternoon/evening we recommend that you enjoy the summer heat that reigns over Madrid on one of the terraces of the Spanish Capitals.
- Day trip Toledo
- Fun day at Warner Attraction Park
Did you know…
- In the Retiro Park there is a statue of Satan himself, one of the few representations of the devil in the world and the only one in Spain. It is the Fallen Angel Monument and is exactly 666 meters above sea level.
Last hours to discover Madrid! Are you ready?
On this day, as you Tour Italy from Madrid, during the free time we leave you can visit some of the most important museums in the city: the Prado Museum, the Reina Sofía Museum or the Thyssen Bornemisza Museum.
More of a football fan? Believe it or not, one of the most visited museums in the capital is the Santiago Bernabeu museum! From the hand of Unitrips you will have the opportunity to know one of the most emblematic football stadiums in the world, and if you want, you can enjoy the trophies achieved by Real Madrid throughout its history in your spare time.
And if you’re not a museum person: what about tapas? Madrid offers you a large number of markets such as the Mercado de San Miguel or the Mercado de San Antón. They are very fashionable gastronomic spaces that will completely surprise you.
After a few hours of rest, at night we will continue one of our tours of Italy from Madrid and we will get on the bus to embark on our great adventure and wake up in the next city on our tour, a city that we cannot miss …
- Visit of Santiago Bernabéu stadium
We wake up in Barcelona!
Today, as you tour Italy from Madrid, you will enjoy the day walking through this beautiful city. Its streets, its corners, its squares, its magnificent old town and architecture have made it the world tourist capital that we know today.
La Sagrada Familia, Passeig de Gracia, La Casa Batlló, the mythical Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter with its impressive cathedral are only a small part of everything the city has to offer.
From Unitrips we are at your disposal to give you some tips so that you know the essentials of Barcelona!
In the afternoon / evening, we will continue one of our tours of Italy from Madrid and we will go to the port to embark on a cruise. We will spend the night in an elegant boat with all the necessary facilities to make the tour very enjoyable: disco, video game room, restaurants, 24-hour cafes, swimming pool, gym, health center, casino … So have a gin and tonic and take in that warm Mediterranean breeze!
Did you know…
- The construction of Gaudí’s Sagrada Familia is endless. The builder stated that “God had all the time on the planet to see it completed”. The cathedral is so big and complex that no one knows when and IF it will be finished someday.
- There is a Statue of Liberty in Barcelona, in fact it’s one of only three originals. The most famous one is in New York, other in Paris and in Barcelona you can find it close to Arch of Triumph, in the Arus Library.
- Passeig de Gracia is an avenue that hosts the main masterpieces of Gaudí, the idol of architecture of XX. century. Get amazed by his famous houses Pedrera and Battló.
After a whole day enjoying the Mediterranean breeze, we will arrive at Civitavecchia where our Eurobus will be await us to take us to the former Caput Mundi, Rome to truly begin our route around Italy.We will arrive later on in the evening, therefore we will head straight to bed so we can get lots of rest in preparation for tomorrow!
Rome is known as the “Eternal City”, and you will understand why once we arrive. Time appears to have stopped here hundreds of years back due to the large number of remaining monuments and remains of imposing buildings, which males strolling through the narrow streets of Rome like a trip back in time to the capital’s golden age.
Italy’s famous capital, otherwise known as the old “Caput Mundi” (Leader of the world) and all of its history await us. There are so many reasons to visit Rome, things that make you fall in love with it and oblige you to return! A few of these reasons are obviously the incredible food and the lively atmosphere that you will find in every corner of the city.
- Rome Pack: Round trip transport + guided tour of Rome + Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums + Colossuem and Roman Forums
Rome, without a doubt, is a city that takes up a lot of time from the tourists that come to visit it… considering the large number of monuments and sites it is home to, this is no surprise! Today on this Tour Italy from Madrid you will have the chance to see some of these famous sites, most importantly you will be able to visit the most popular monument in Italy: the Colosseum. The latter, despite being half demolished, continues to radiate historical charm. Later, you will be able to visit the Roman Forums, otherwise known as the commercial, religious, political and judicial centre of the ancient city of Rome.
If you prefer to go alone to buy gifts, on this route through Italy Unitrips we leave you all the freedom you need, so that no one is disappointed.
Did you know…
- In the Cathedral of St. Pedro, you will see various stars on the marble floor, directly in the middle of the aisle to the alter. These stars represent the diversity of the different catholic temples in the world.
- The Bocca Della Veritá is located in Sta. Maria, the most famous sewer entrance in the world. According to the legend if you put your hand in the mouth and you tell a lie, you will be bitten.
Today, as you tour Italy from Madrid, we will wake up early and head towards the Vatican.
After putting Florence in the GPS, which we will visit tomorrow, we will stop off at the Vatican. Take note, Florence is an extremely lively city and has great night life, so make sure you experience a real university party whilst you are here!
We will spend the night near Florence, the birthplace of the renaissance.
Did you know…
- The Vatican is a sovereign country with nothing more than 0,44 km2, and is the smallest country in the world. It only has borders with Italy, which completely surrounds it. It hosts the Basilica of San Pedro, which is the world’s largest church.
- The Vatican Bank is the only bank in the world that allows users to select Latin as a language on an ATM to carry out its operations.
“Buongiorno Principessa” said Benigni, an actor from the city of Florence, in the film “Life is Beautiful”.
Today as we Tour Italy from Madrid you will have the chance to admire numerous incredible works of art in the Museum of the Uffizi. If walking round an exhibition hall is not for you, you can take a stunning walk up the famous hills where you can get to the fantastic viewpoint of the fanciful arch of Brunelleschi which dominates the city.
Unitrips offers you an alternative with which you will have to make a difficult decision: enjoy a few more hours of Florence, or make an express visit to see one of the most representative points of the country: the Tower of Pisa! You will have the opportunity to take the most original photo in front of the Tower and enjoy some pizza slices in the small town.
- Visit to Pisa with food included
After visiting the city, we will continue this tour of our tours of Italy from Madrid and head towards the beautiful and unique “City of Channels” !, a city that had the honor of being one of the most powerful, rich and populated cities during many centuries, dominating the Mediterranean and the trade routes of the east: Venice!
Fall in love with this city! Venice is one of the most photographed places in the world. Don’t waste time, grab your camera and find your inner photographer; bridges, Vaporettos and Gondolas are all waiting to be snapped!
Make sure you take some time as you tour italy from madrid to enjoy the Byzantine influenced art which is best exemplifed in the architecture of the Basillica of San Marco. You should also stroll down the canal, starting from the Rialto Bridge. You could also just get lost in the narrow streets and see where you end up!
- Venice Pack: Trip to Murano and Burano (the two islands located in the ventiain lagoon)
Did you know…
- The last bridge built in Venice was designed by a Spanish architect: Calatrava.
- Every so often in Venice a phenomenon occurs called “Acqua Alta“. Which causes a steep rise in the water level in the Venetian lagoon, normally takes about 3-4 hours. Depending on the intensity with which it occurs, it can flood, with half a meter of water, most of the old town.
- Cars do not circulate in Venice, not even bicycles because it is prohibited, they even fine you. The only way to get around the city is on foot or by water.
- Although strolling through Venice, it gives us the impression that there are many canals, there are only two, the Canal Grande and the Canal Giudecca. The rest of the small channels that flow between the narrow streets are called rivers.
All good things come to an end…
Now you can say that you know half the Italian peninsula, thanks to this wonderful trip where we tour Italy from Madrid, with your new friends from half the world.
and after this exciting adventure between the capitals of central Europe on this route through Italy, the time has come to say goodbye … let’s hope you return to another Euro-Adventure!
Continue your trip adding 4 more countries with Young Europe
The program could suffer unforeseen changes due to weather conditions, traffic… or the ability of the group to respect meeting times.
The suggested programme doesn’t include optional/extra activities. You will have opportunity to book some of them in the reservation form, while the others will be proposed by the tour leader along the tour.
- Transport in our comfortable Unibus to the cities mentioned in the program.
- 11 day and 10 nights in the best hostels, hotels and bungalows in Europe:
- 2 Nights in Madrid
- 1 Night on bus (Madrid – Barcelona)
- 1 Night on cruise (optional from Madrid/ Barcelona)
- 3 Nights in Roma
- 1 Night in Florence
- 2 Nights in Venice
- 8 breakfasts
- Shared Bedrooms from 3-8 people (single and twin rooms available upon request)
- Transport between the different cities
- Parking and toll expenses
- Group leader during the trip
- Assitance throughout the trip
- Walking tours around the cities mentioned in the program
- Arrival transfer from Airport
- Pack Roma: Round trip transport + guided tour of Rome + Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums + Colossuem and Roman Forums
- Pacl Pisa
- Venice Pack: Includes excursion to Murano and Burano
- Welcome KIT
- SIM card valid in all of Europe
- And much more….
- Everything that is not mentioned in “Includes”
- Transport to the starting point
- Travel insurance and cancellation insurance
- Entrance fees for monuments and attractions
- Visa fees or other administrative costs
Optional Activities, Extras:
- Day trip Toledo
- Visit to Warner Park
- Visit to Santiago Bernabéu stadium
- And so much more!
(You can reserve your extras once you have booked your trip, through our app which we will give you access to)
Every optional activity requires a minimum of 30 participants to go ahead
Reserve your place for a small deposit…
…and the rest 45 days before departure
Transport in Bus:
The main form of transport used throughout the trip will be bus. Important: During this trip the group will be divided and put on various different buses (in the case that there is high demand), due to logistical reasons, Unitrips cannot ensure that you will be on the same bus for the entire trip. Unitrips will be in charge of asigning all of the passangers onto the different buses.
The rooms that will be available on this tour will range frorm 3 to 9 beds, depending on the availabilty. If you want a double/twin or single room you can book this extra service in the reservation formThe cities in which we will sleep may vary depending on the availability of accommodation, supposing that this will not have an impact on the organisation of the tour. Unitrips reserves the right to book accommodation in the nearby cities of those in the program in the case of unavalibility.
Language of the tour:
The main language of this tour will be Spanish. However specific translations will be given as much as possible for those who speak english as it is not feasible to carry out the tour in 2 different languages simultaneously.
Minimum number of participants:
As this is a group trip, a minimum of 30 people are required for the trip to be confirmed. Guaranteed departure in August.
This trip is entirely organized by Unitrips, a travel agency registered in ” Dirección General e Turismo de la Comunidad de Madrid” with CICMA License 2900 and FETAVE member