Spend an incredible summer falling in love with these cities in Central Europe.
Appropiate age: 18-35 years old
Next departures 2023:
Berlin: June 26th to July 6th: since
- Berlin: July 21th to July 31th: since
Day 1 – Berlin
Day 2 – Berlin
Day 3 – Berlin – Amsterdam
Day 4 – Amsterdam
Day 5 – Amsterdam – Brussels
Day 6 – Brussels – Bruges*
Day 7 – Brussels – Paris
Day 8 – Paris
Day 9 – Paris – Bus
Day 10 – Bus – Madrid
Day 11 – Madrid
- Berlin: The final times will be announced via email a couple of days before the departure.
To get to Berlin you can choose:
- By bus
- By plane
- By train
To arrive in Berlin, you can find cheap flights and flith combinations here.
If you have any problem regarding flights or schedules on the days you want, we can give you a hand. Before anything, we advise you to read this article
If you want to do the whole second half of the Eurotrip Backpacker trip, we recommend Veraneando.
The travel program may be subject to changes due to organizational or other reasons. Changes do not give right of return or reimbursement.
The indicated program does not include optional/extra activities. Some of them you can choose in the reservation form, the other activities will be informed by our tour leader during the tour.
This 10-day tour of Europe begins. Today we will meet you in Berlin and transfer you to your accommodation.
Did you know…
- The Berlin wall, which divided the city between 13th of August of 1961 and 9th of November 1989, was 45 km long. This wall separated the occidental part of Berlin from the communist part. Known as “wall of shame” it was 3,6 metres high.
- Although there is only one emblematic gate to the city, the Brandemburg Gate, that remains, at one point in history there were 18 different entry gates.
- The origin and meaning of the word Berlin is “swampy land“, the name come from the fact the land on which this city was built is very swampy.
- The Berlin TV Tower, which is 368 meters high, is the second tallest tower in Europe, and not only that, you can climb 200 meters up the tower, where it has a restaurant that makes a complete turn on its own axis every 30 minutes.
“Ich bin ein Berliner”, which means “I am a Berliner” is what JFK said in ’63 to show support with people who were separated from their families due to construction of the Berlin wall. Today, it’s time for you to repeat the phrase and spend a day as a Berliner.
We will continue to the Checkpoint Charlie, running across a large portion of the former wall of Berlin, destroyed in ’89, which is certainly the most important political event of Germany to occur in the past 50 years. If there is time, we will get to famous Alexanderplatz, where you will have an opportunity head up to see a token of Berlin, its skyline and impressive views from the TV tower.
- Berlin bus tour (with professional guide)
You will have a chance to choose whether to spend the day with us and a professional local guide who will explain even the finest detail of what lays behind the buildings of Berlin, such as the famous building of Reichstag, the Parliament of Germany, next to it the iconic Brandenburg Gate, and famous monument of the Holocaust, the Heisman masterpiece.
Did you know…
- One tenth of the population of Berlin is made up of mainly Turks, Italians, Poles and Russians. In addition, the German capital has the largest Turkish community outside Turkey, comprising of more than 150,000 people. The district of Kreuzberg is the most mixed city called “Little Istanbul”
We shall say goodbye to Berlin with tears in our eyes… But don’t worry! The liberal city of Amsterdam is waiting for us!
Amsterdam is a city full of surprises, the atmosphere of this modern and cosmopolitan city attracts tourists from all around the world.
To get to today’s destination on time, we must wake up early, and get on the bus; where we will cross most of Germany!
Did you know…
- The facade of numerous houses that populate Amsterdam lean forwards. The explanation for this is that its architects built them feeling that, given their narrowness, the best way to get furniture into the house is through the top story windows. Therefore every house has a hook on its rooftop and furniture can be hoisted to prevent the it from crashing into the facade
- Amsterdam is the most liberal city in the world, so we think. It was the first city in the world to legalize same sex marriage, marijuana and prostitution
- Most men and women are tall in Amsterdam. Men measure an average of 184 cm and women 170 cm
- In Amsterdam there are more bikes than cars, and there are plans to ban combustion cars by 2025.
- Watermills in the Netherlands have been used to reclaim land from the sea, and pump water out of the land. Together with the dikes, they are the fundamental elements that allow this country to be underwater.
More info regarding the coffee shops:
The Best Coffee Shops in Amsterdam
Today we will have the whole day to enjoy Amsterdam and its unique architecture. Houses are so narrow and high that they appear to defy gravity.
Put on some comfortable shoes, because in Amsterdam, we will be walking a lot.
Open your eyes and watch where you walk.
If you are in a bike lane, get out fast! Bicycles are the most widespread means of transport here, and they have absolute priority in their lanes.
If you do not feel like walking, we offer you an alternative way to visit Amsterdam, a low boat that passes under the bridges.
You can choose to visit one of its thousands of museums: from the most classic museum of the people (Rjyksmuseum), to the Flemish Rembrandt Museum, not to mention the museum dedicated to the craziest painter that Europe knew in the ‘800, Van Gogh.
Can’t you get it? There is also a museum of contemporary art (MOCO). If you prefer Diamonds, there is also a museum dedicated to the stone “forever”.
We offer you the entrance to another museum about the experience of a young Dutch girl during the Second World War, whose diary has been read by millions of people: Anne Frank.
During these days you will be able to do the following optional activities.
- Boat trip on the Amsterdam Canals
- Zaanse Schans
Today we will continue our backpacking trip around Europe and we hope you still have enough strength, because we still have soooo much to see during this tour through central Europe, but don’t miss Amsterdam!!! because this afternoon we are going to Belgium and specifically to its capital: Brussels. You will get to know the heart of the European Union, in all its dynamism and splendor 🙂
We will continue our trip through Central Europe after a stop at the mythical Atomium, in the afternoon we will visit and walk around the city, we will see its most characteristic and touristic places: starting with the Manneken Pis, the symbol of the city for more than 2 centuries that receives more than 2 million visitors a year. Walking a little further we will find one of the most incredible squares in the world: The Grand Place. This square is surrounded by gothic art buildings that will take your breath away especially at night!
Did you know…
- The famous Manneken Pis statue in Brussels, also known as meón child, is not the original. There have been silent replacements of the statue due to it being damaged and stolen by vandals repeatedly.
- The three typical delights of Brussels are: fries, waffles and beer
- There are many types of beer in Brussels, and the Delirium bar is one of the most picturesque, collecting them all
- There is a wellspring of hot water, cold water and sparkling water in the middle of the city, located at the Gare Central
- Some of its universities follow the Flemish method of education, while others remain French
Today we give you the opportunity to decide yourself!!! During this day in our backpacking trip around Europe we´re giving you the option to stay in Brussels, enjoy the capital or join us to visit the 2 most amazing Flemish cities! (optional excursion). Besides, they are right next to Brussels, so hop on the Unitrips* bus and we will take you for a ride.
We’ll start the day visiting the beautiful city of Bruges, which is the most visited city in Belgium ahead of the capital. Join the tour and you will discover why.
- Trip to Bruges
Did you know…
- During the Middle Ages, Bruges encountered its most prominent financial height which is reflected in its Gothic design. The city started its decay when its port was blocked by sandbars
- Contrary to the popular belief that relates the name of the city to a story about witches, “Brugge” has its roots in the Old Dutch word for “bridge”.
- It belongs to Flanders, cuturaly much richer region than Wallonia (the southern part of Belgium).
Today we will continue our backpacking trip around Europe. We get back on our Unitrips bus after having a good breakfast in Brussels, and we will head to one of the most anticipated locations, Paris, “The City of Love“. We will pass through the north of France, where the Ch’tis will welcome us (“Benvenue chez le Ch’tis” was a very popular movie all over France) and we will return to rest in also known as “The City of Light“.
In the evening we offer you the opportunity to tour around the center of Paris by bus to enjoy all the most emblematic corners, where you can stop to take some pictures while you discover more about the magical city.
Do you want to know why it is called the city of lights?
Come with us to the panoramic tour bus around this city, driving aroung the most important spots of Paris, incredibly illuminated.
- Paris by night
We’ll wake up in Paris and after having eaten a croissant and a hot drink, and begin our tour!
It’s going to be an intense day in the “Ville Lumiere”, so put your comfortable shoes on because it’s time to walk. We will start in Notre Dame, the great Lady of Paris, and going through pont Neuf, we will admire Paris’ river, The Seine and we will pass by the museum that contains the most famous painting of all times, Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa.
Of course, we’ll finish our tour at the most famous tower, the Eiffel Tower, a massive structure of steel which was a result of a universal exhibition in the nineteenth century and since then has watched the people of Paris from above, covered in trillions of their little locks. And you don’t have to be in love to enjoy Paris.
Did you know…
- The Eiffel Tower is 18 cm higher in summer, due to the expansion of iron.
- Why Paris is called City of Light? Its because many burglaries used to take place, so the mayor ordered putting candles in all windows, until gas lamps were installed on the streets.
- A problem called “Paris Syndrome“ affects many Japanese who arrive to the city with very high expectations which are not fulfilled during their visit so they suffer great disappointment. There is even a phone line available 24 hours a day for victims of the syndrome.
We finish the tour with a last croissant in Paris. We also take the opportunity to taste the famous chocolate crêpes or stroll through the Latin Quarter, where we will find thousands of souvenir stores and typical Parisian cafes.
We also propose our optional activity of Disneyland, the most famous amusement park in the world where you can spend the day enjoying all it has to offer, so you have two options, take advantage of the day in Paris or visit Disneyland Paris.
In the evening we will start our return to Madrid on our backpacking trip around Europe.
Extra night in Paris: if you wish to end your trip in Paris and return to your place of origin from there, we offer you an extra night in Paris.
We arrive in Madrid and check in at the accommodation to rest. You will have the day free to explore Madrid at your leisure.
We are sad to leave, but soon we will start planning our next trip. What will our next destination be?
We finish this Backpacking trip to Europe in Madrid. Now you can say that you know half of Europe and you will have memories of the most beautiful corners of the old continent, with your new friends from half the world.
- Transport in our comfortable private bus to all the mentioned destinations
- 11 days and 10 nights in the best hotels and hostels in Europe.
- 2 Night in Berlin
- 2 Nights in Amsterdam
- 2 Nights in Brussels
- 2 Nights in Paris
- 1 Night in Madrid
- 9 breakfasts
- Multiple bedrooms – (or you can specify a single or double room)
- Transport between all cities
- All parking and toll related costs
- Group leader throughout the whole trip
- Assistance throughout the whole trip
- Guided tours in mentioned cities given by tour leaders
- Public transporte in cities (for group activities)
- Welcome Kit
- Sim card valid in all of Europe
- And more surprises…
- Everything that is not mentioned in “What’s included?”
- Transport to the meeting point
- Travel insurance and cancellation insurance
- Entrance fees for monuments and attractions
- Other transport costs
- Visa fees or other administrative costs
- Optional activities offered on the tour
Optional Activities, Extras:
- Bus tour with local professional guide in Berlin
- Boat trip along the canals of Amsterdam
- Trip to Zaanse Schans (Dutch windmill village)
- Trip to Burges
- Paris by night
- And much more…
(You will be able to book your extras once you have booked your trip, through an App to which we will give you access).
Each optional activity requires a minimum of 30 participants
Book with only 200€. You are free to pay as you wish up to 45 days before the tour.
Change of plans? Let us know 60 days in advance and you can change your reservation to any tour.
Transport in Bus:
The main form of transport used throughout the trip will be bus. Important: During this trip the group will be divided and put on various different buses (in the case that there is high demand), due to logistical reasons, Unitrips cannot ensure that you will be on the same bus for the entire trip. Unitrips will be in charge of asigning all of the passangers onto the different buses.
Hop on – Hop off:
Would you like to join a few days late? Do you need to leave before the end? Drop us a line and we can try to give you a reduced price!
The rooms that will be available on this tour will range frorm 3 to 9 beds, depending on the availabilty. If you want a double/twin or single room you can book this extra service in the reservation formThe cities in which we will sleep may vary depending on the availability of accommodation, supposing that this will not have an impact on the organisation of the tour. Unitrips reserves the right to book accommodation in the nearby cities of those in the program in the case of unavalibility.
The main language of this tour will be Spanish. However specific translations will be given as much as possible for those who speak english as it is not feasible to carry out the tour in 2 different languages simultaneously.
Minimum of Participants:
As this is a group trip, it will only take place when there is a minimum of 30 participants per trip.
Do you have any question? We recommend you to read this article to clarify all your doubts ?
This trip is entirely organized by Unitrips, a travel agency registered in ” Dirección General e Turismo de la Comunidad de Madrid” with CICMA License 2900 and FETAVE member