You’ll never forget
Price for students
Spectacular natural beauty
Fall in love with the beauty of the Arctic landscape in the northernmost ski resort in Europe and the longest sledding track in the world. You will stay in a nice and quiet cabin, it will be a beautiful getaway!
Trip to Lapland
December 2020 (Price from for students/ 399€ for adults)
- From 9th to 15th December 2020
*Choose the date when you make your reservation
Discover more trips to Lapland and around Europe here.
Are you ready for the best trip to Lapland?
20:00 – Departure from Helsinki Railway Station Square (in front of the Casino)
22:30 – Departure from Riihimäki (Matkakeskus)
00:45 – Departure from Jyväskylä Matkakeskus
06:00 – Departure from Oulu bus station
09:00 Shopping in Rovaniemi – 1.5 hours
11:00 – Visit to the Artktikum Museum (included) – 1.5 hours. It is a museum and a science center that allows you to experience the culture, nature and history of the north. He has a lot of information about Lapland and after the visit, understood more about where you are going to be this week
13:00 – Visiting the Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi. In Santa Claus village you can take pictures with the SANTA, cross the magical Arctic circle, have lunch in one of the restaurants, buy souvenirs, send postcards from the Santa’s official post office and have a lunch (we recommend SHELL gas station across the street). Duration 2h.
15:00 – Departure from Santa Claus town
18:30 – Arrival in Saariselkä, briefing and lodging in apartments. Free time for saunas etc. Hint! In the evening the best place to see Northern lights is the local mountain, from the top of it you can see 360 degree panorama all over. You can easily reach the mountain by foot from your cottage.
*During dusk, the best place to see the Northern Lights is the local mountain. From the top, which you can reach on foot from the accommodations, you get a 360º panoramic view of the entire area.
09:00 – Departure for Arctic Survival Day (Optional Activity)
18:00 – Snowshoe Safari (Optional Activity)
06:30 – Enjoy some time with the local reindeer before crossing the border into Norway. We will stop near the ocean coast, in the town of Bugoynes. We will have 1 hour of rest and the possibility of bathing in the ocean (a must in this trip to Lapland). A soup is included at a local coffee shop. On the way back, we will stop in another small town, Inari, where it will be possible to do some shopping.
09:00 – Departure for Husky Safari * (Optional Activity). After a short introductory class we leave. They are shared with 2 people.
15:30 – Departure to the Snowmobile Safari (optional activity). Approximate duration of 3 hours. They are shared with 2 people, both can drive 45 minutes each.
20:00 – Departure for the optional activity Hunting the Northern Lights.
* For the Snowmobile Safari it is necessary to carry a credit card as a deposit / guarantee. In the event of an accident, timely payment will have to be made. Remember also your driving license.
10:00 – Check out. All the apartments/cabins must be cleaned.
11:00 – Free time for own activities (shopping, sledding, SPA, downhill skiing…)
12:30 – Departure to Ice-Karting Xperience* (from Holiday Club)
15:45 – Departure back home with the bus from the Holiday Club parking lot.
19:00 – Gas station stops in Rovaniemi
Overnight on the bus. Gas station breaks every 4-5hours.
Gas stations are well equipped: there are toilets, grocery stores, and cafes.
Last day of the trip to Lapland:
00:00 – Estimated time of arrival in Oulu.
03:45 – Estimated time of arrival in Jyväskylä.
06:00 – Estimated time of arrival in Tampere.
09:30 – Estimated time of arrival in Helsinki.
We recommend booking connecting train, bus, ferry, or flight tickets from Helsinki only departing after 13:30 since weather and road conditions may delay arrival.
Important: In the final trip program, activities order can change. Trip departure and arrival time in the final itinerary might differ by 1-2 hours (earlier or later) depending on the final schedule.
Preliminary itinerary. Final schedule will be sent by email to the participants 2 days before the departure.
Dates of the trip subject to availability.
Helsinki: Departure at 22:00 from the Railway Station Square (in front of the Casino) Mikonkatu 17).
*Final schedule will be sent by email to the participants 2 days before the departure.
Base price is 349€, only for students:
- Are you a student? You can get your ISIC student card through this link, and get a load of discounts! (Take your student card with you throughout the trip)
- If you’re not a student, the base price is 399€.
- Travel in comfortable private bus to destinations mentioned in the program
- 7 days and 6 nights of trip
- 4 nights in wood cabins or apartaments in Saariselkä.
- 2 nights in the comfortable bus
- Multiple rooms
- Visiting the Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi
- Visit to Arktikum Museum in Rovaniemi
- Entrance to the Ranua Zoo
- All transport, parking and toll costs
- Group leader throughout the journey
- Assistance throughout the trip
- Tourist guide services
- All that’s not mentioned in “What’s Included”
- Transport up to the departure point
- Travel insurance or cancellation
- Optional activities (you can sign up to these online 8 days before the trip)
- Food (breakfast/lunch/dinner)
- Visa or administrative expenses
Husky Safari (Desde 75€):
Siberian huskies are strong cheerful dogs that really love pulling sledges! After a quick lesson in the basics, the huskies will take you on a magical tour. The sledges accommodate two people and both of you will have the opportunity to drive for about 5 km. The safari ends back at base camp with a hot snack and a warming cup of tea.
Arctic Survival (From 55€):
How to survive in extreme conditions. During this activity you will learn the basic skills of setting fire without matches, such as building a tent for one night. Essential skills in the Arctic.
Snowshoe Safari (From 45€):
Our guides will make sure to conquer even the steepest hills and enjoy what the National Park has to offer, and it is not extraordinary to see the northern lights or even the wild animals along the route. At the end of the activity, you will have the opportunity to try a typical Lappish reindeer or vegetable burger.
Aurora Hunting with Bus (From 65€):
|Northern Lights, or Aurora Borealis, is an amazing show put on by our mother nature and only visible for 2% of the worlds population. Auroras cannot be guaranteed as it is a Mother Nature phenomenon. Therefore, when joining the tour you will escape the artificial (man-made lights) and visit dark and open areas around the district where you have a better chance to see Auroras as they can be seen more clearly. During the tour, you will hear information about the Auroras and also hear the myths and stories of this phenomenon. In case the hunt succeeds, we will also enjoy the Auroras from open areas.|
*This activity can not be booked in advance. Please ask your Tour Guide for information!
Snowmobile Safari (From 99€):
The snowmobiles are a convenient mean of transport beyond the Arctic Circle. Locals use them anywhere. You’ll enjoy an about 3 hours route through hidden places. Snowmobile are for 2 people, but drivers must hold a valid international driving license.
Tour of the Arctic Ocean in Norway (From 85€):
Full day excursion You will enjoy breathtaking landscapes, walk on the shores of the Arctic Ocean and even swim in it. You will know and learn about the indigenous peoples who have lived in this cold and inhospitable region for thousands of years, the saami.
Ice Karting Experience (39€)
Duration 1h, including driving time 15min. Inc. Overalls, helmets, driving and safety instructions. No driver license needed!When was the last time you did something for the first time? Take your winter driving skills to the next level with your friends. Ice karting is an easy and safe way to learn the basics of ice driving and have some fun. The Circuit is 570m long and they have more than 10m level difference and LED lighting. Start your engines!
Saariselkä Skii Resort (From 25€):
At the foot of Kaunispää and partly located within the borders of Urho Kekkonen National Park, Saariselkä is one of Finland’s most exotic and popular ski resorts. You can go downhill skiing or snowboard on a choice of six slopes. The landscape is simply breathtaking!
*This activity can not be booked in advance. Please ask your Tour Guide for information!
Arctic Ocean and Reindeer Farm (64€):
From morning until night you will discover new things about Lapland. Our first stop will be at a reindeer farm. You will have the opportunity to meet the reindeer. Then we will travel to the fjords and we will be in a picturesque town of Bugøynes in northern Norway. You will have the opportunity to swim in the Arctic Oceana or stroll along the beaches and take photos. Then you can enter the sauna. Afterwards we will eat a traditional soup in a local restaurant.
* At the reindeer farm, there is an opportunity to make reindeer sleds for an additional € 17. 220m,
* This activity cannot be booked in advance. Once at the destination the guide will inform you where you can do snow sports and rent the equipment for it.
*Kindly note that extra activities can only be booked online up to 8 days before the departure through the booking form. Is it possible to book the activities in Lapland, but you take the risk of overbooking, also prices increase (between 5/10€ per activity). English speaking guides.
*In case of an accident caused by the driver in the Night in Safari with snowmobile, driver must pay the minimum of 850€.
Language of the tour:
The main language of the tour will be English.
To get to Finland there are frequent low cost flights with:
Check prices on the companies’ websites, or with comparison websites like
Spend a week like a true Finn! Your accommodation are comfortable apartments/cottages for 4 to 14 people, from 40m² to 300m². Although cottages may differ in size, plan, location and furniture, they are all at the same price range. All apartments/cottages are equipped with the following: fireplace, sauna, bathroom (larger cottages have up to 3 bathrooms), TV, kitchen, basic kitchenware, fridge, mattresses and pillows.
The nearest Wi-Fi connection is in the SIULA building, about 1,5 km from the cottages. You will also find free Wi-Fi in the pubs in the centre of Saariselkä and in the Holiday Club Spa Hotel. Please note that there is no Wi-Fi or Internet in the cabins!
What should I bring with me?:
- Warm clothes (can be rented for €12/unit/day, or €7 /day only general and boots).
- The bedding or sleeping bag (linen not included but can be rented for 15 € / trip).
- Swimsuit (unless you want to do it the Finnish way!)
- Anything else you may need during the trip: money, credit card, medicine etc.
- Student card for discounts
- A small pillow or a special neck cushion for the bus trip.
- Flip flops for Arctic swimming and jumping in the snow after sauna.
Organization of the trip:
- External organization.
1. Cancelling 35 days or more before departure: customer is charged a service fee of €20. Non-EU citizens may also have to pay bank transfer fees.
2. Cancelling between 35 and 21 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 25% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
3. Cancelling between 21 and 15 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 50% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
4. Cancelling between 15 days and 72 hours prior to departure: customer is charged a service fee of 75% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
5. If the tour is cancelled less than 72 hours before departure, Unitrips reserves the right to charge the entire price of the tour.