You’ll never forget
Price for students
Spectacular natural beauty
Kilpisjärvi, known as the best place in Finland to see the Northern Lights! You will be surrounded by nature and wildlife to live the best arctic adventure of your life. Your Northern Lights tour at your fingertips. You will see the best of Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish Lapland!
- From 21st to 28th December 2020
- From 25th December 2020 to 1st January 2021
- From 29th December 2020 to 5th January 2021
*Choose the date when you make your reservation
22:00 Departure from Helsinki Railway Station Square (in front of the Casino)
09:00 – Arrival to Arktikum museum: museum visit and breakfast included. Duration 2h
11:15 – Departure from Rovaniemi railway station
11:30 – Visiting Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi. Time for shopping and photos with Santa. Duration 1h 30 mins
13:15 – Departure from Rovaniemi airport
13:30 – Grocery shop stop + lunch (not included).
21:00 – Arrival in Kilpisjarvi and check-in. Free time for saunas etc.
11:00-17:00 Husky Safari at Hetta
Will include activties:
- Visit of the Husky Farm
- Meeting the guides, petting and taking photos with the Huskies
- 20min Husky sleigh ride, half of it you will be the driver, another half – passenger
20:00-00:00 Aurora Hunt with night sauna and swimming in the Fjords.
08:00 Departure for the day trip to Tromso, Norway.
Will include activities:
- Bus tour around Tromso – free time in Tromso
- See the beautiful Fjord area and Lyngen Alps
19:00 Arrival back
19:30-22:30 Night Snowshoe Hike + BBQ
- GPS orienteering in groups
- Snowshoeing around the snowy fells
- FIre Making & BBQ that includes sausages, marshmallows, bread, vegetarian options
- Trying to catch Auroras
09:00-13:00 Arctic Skills
Will include activities:
- Ice fishing
- Quinzee (Snow House) building
- Fire making basics
15:00-18:00 Snowmobile Safari to the three borders
Check-out from the cottage and departure to Abisko via Narvik
08:00 Checkout and Departure
11:30 Narvik orientation tour and free time
15:00 Departure toward Björkliden/Riksgränsen
16:30 Arrival in Björkliden/Riksgränsen and check-in
21:00 Cozy evening in laavu by the fire with marshmallows(included in the basic package)
08:00 Checkout and Departure
09:00 Reindeer farm Visit*
11:30 Ice Hotel Visit
13:30 Moose farm visit + meal
15:00 Bus Transportation back home
07:00 Estimated arrival time in Helsinki
Preliminary itinerary. Final schedule will be sent by email to the participants 2 days before the departure.
Dates of the trip subject to availability.
Helsinki: Departure at 22:00 from the Railway Station Square (in front of the Casino) Mikonkatu 17).
*Final schedule will be sent by email to the participants 2 days before the departure
- Travel in comfortable private bus to destinations mentioned in the program
- 8 days and 7 nights of trip
- 4 nights in wood cabins in Levi with sauna
- 2 nights in the comfortable bus
- Multiple rooms
- Visiting the Santa Claus village in Rovaniemi
- Trip to Norway (Narvik)
- Visit to Ice Hotel
- All transport, parking and toll costs
- Group leader throughout the journey
- Bedding and towels
- Assistance throughout the trip
- Tourist guide services
- All that’s not mentioned in “What’s Included”
- Transport up to the departure point
- Travel insurance or cancellation
- Optional activities (you can sign up to these online 8 days before the trip)
- Food (breakfast/lunch/dinner)
- Visa or administrative expenses
Trip to Tromso (Included)
This trip includes a bus tour to Tromso and free time in Tromso. You can see a nice area of the fjords.
Trip to Norway – Narvik (Included)
A bus trip to enjoy the incredible views of the fjords in Norway and what nature has to offer. We will make a stop in a small town with a port called Narvik. It is located by the Atlantic Ocean and is known for its battalas during the Second World War. We will go to a viewpoint to see the city. The road from Abisko to Narvik takes us through an impressive passage with snow-capped peaks and fjords and we will make a stop along the way.
Ice Hotel (Included)
A hotel that is rebuilt every year with snow and ice in the town of Jukkasjärvi. It is the first, most famous, and largest ice hotel. The hotel, including chairs and beds, is built from snow and ice. Artists are invited to create rooms other than ice. There is a bar, with ice glasses and a chapel.
Husky Safari (From 99€):
Siberian huskies are strong cheerful dogs that really love pulling sledges! After a quick lesson in the basics, the huskies will take you on a magical tour. The sledges accommodate two people and both of you will have the opportunity to drive for about 5 km. The safari ends back at base camp with a hot snack and a warming cup of tea.
Night Snowshoeing with BBQ (From 52€):
When dusk descends and the stars come out, the adventure begins! If we’re lucky, we can gaze in wonder at the Northern Lights. On our way down, we call in at a Lapp hut for a snack and a tasty hot drink before bedtime. The activity takes from 2 to 3 hours.
Aurora hunt with night sauna and swimming in the Fjords (From 65€):
You will experience breathtaking landscapes and swim in the Fjords. Then you will search for the Northern Lights.
3 Borders Snowmobile Safari (From 95€):
A three-hour excursion through Kilpisjärvi lake to the most peaceful border of the world – to the border stone of Sweden, Norway and Finland in Kuoltavuoma. On this excursion you will see breathtaking views and learn interesting stories provided by the local, professional wilderness guide. Includes gear, briefing, guidance, hot drink and snowmobile driving about 30min per person
Arctic Skills (From 35€):
How to survive in extreme weather conditions? Professional wilderness guides will teach you how to make traditional Lappish teepee, basics of fire-making and in the end, you will try to catch a fish in a frozen lake!
Reindeer farm (From 45€):
Visit a reindeer farm, where you will meet a Saami family and their reindeer. Then you will meet the reindeer and take photos with them. You will learn about the culture and lifestyle of the Saami people.
*Kindly note that extra activities can only be booked online up to 8 days before the departure through the booking form. Is it possible to book the activities in Lapland, but you take the risk of overbooking, also prices increase (between 5/10€ per activity). English speaking guides.
*In the event of a snowmobile accident caused by the driver, he/she will be charged a minimum fee of €850.
Idioma del tour:
El idioma principal del tour será el Inglés. No obstante se realizarán traducciones puntuales en la medida de lo posible para los participantes de habla hispana ya que no es factible realizar el tour el 2 idiomas simultáneos.
Accommodation is right in the heart of Levi. All the services are only a few steps away from the accommodation (Grocery stores, Pistes, Ski tracks, Alko, Restaurants, Clubs etc.). The kitchens of the apartments are well equipped. There is a panel TV, stereos/a DVD-player, a drying cabinet, a sauna and shower(s) in every apartment. Smoking is not allowed inside the apartments! Please notice that some of the apartments have double beds so you may have to share a bed.
There is no wifi in the cabins, but remember, we’re in Lapland to enjoy it! Anyway there are various wifi points in the village.
What should I bring with me?:
- Warm clothes (can be rented for €12/unit/day, or €7 /day only general and boots).
- The bedding or sleeping bag (linen not included but can be rented for 15 € / trip).
- Swimsuit (unless you want to do it the Finnish way!)
- Anything else you may need during the trip: money, credit card, medicine etc.
- Student card for discounts
- A small pillow or a special neck cushion for the bus trip.
- Flip flops for Arctic swimming and jumping in the snow after sauna.
Organization of the trip:
- External organization
1. Cancelling 35 days or more before departure: customer is charged a service fee of €20. Non-EU citizens may also have to pay bank transfer fees.
2. Cancelling between 35 and 21 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 25% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
3. Cancelling between 21 and 15 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 50% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
4. Cancelling between 15 days and 72 hours prior to departure: customer is charged a service fee of 75% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.