You’ll never forget
Price for students
Spectacular natural beauty
Experience the best of Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian Lapland in a cross-Scandanavian Northern Lights adventure!
- From 7th to 13th December 2020
- From 15th to 21st December 2020
- From 29th December to 4th January 2021
*Choose the date when you make your reservation
13.00 – Departure from Stockholm, outside Generator Hostel (Torsgatan 10)
14.00 – Departure from Uppsala in front of Radisson Blu Hotel, Stationsgatan 4, behind the train station
15.30 – Gävle, in front of the train station
19:00 – Sundsvall, the bus terminal at the Central train station.
23:30 – Umeå, Ålidhems centrum, parking lot on Biologigränd
The journey to Lapland begins!
07.00 Arrival in Kiruna – breakfast
08.30 Shopping in Kiruna (ICA)
10.00-12.30 Visit of the Ice hotel
13.00 Short walking tour of Kiruna with the tour leader
15.30 Departure to Björkliden
17.00 Arrival in Björkliden, lodging and free time
21.00 Cozy evening in laavu by the fire with marshmallows
08.00 Departure to Huskies and Snowmobiles – this activity takes place in Kiruna / Those who did not book the activity can take a ride to Kiruna as well for free time
09.30 Husky and snowmobile Combo Safari (duration about 3 h)
14.00 Free time in Kiruna. Possibility to join LKAB mine visit on your own (duration 3 hrs)
17.30 Returning to Björkliden
07:30 Check-out and cleaning the cabins
08:00 Bus departure to Tromsø
12:30 Arrival in Tromso – free time to explore the city, the possibility to climb one of the mountains for a spectacular view over the fjords (weather permitting)
15:00 Departure from Tromsø
17:30 Arrival in Skibotn – swimming in the Arctic Ocean with sauna
19:30 Departure from Skibotn
21:30 (Finnish time +1 h) Arrival in Kilpisjärvi, lodging and free time
10:00 Arctic Skills – learn how to make a teepee/quinzee, how to make fire without matches and try some ice-fishing
14:00 Free time
20:00 Guided Snowshoe orienteering in the tundra in search for Northern lights
08:00 Check-out and cleaning the cabins
09:00 Bus departure back home
14:30 Visit a reindeer farm
21.30 Estimated arrival in Umeå
02.00 Estimated arrival in Sundsvall
05.30 Estimated arrival in Gävle
07.00 Estimated arrival in Uppsala
08.00 Estimated arrival in Stockholm
Preliminary itinerary. Final schedule will be sent by email to the participants 2 days before the departure.
Dates of the trip subject to availability.
- Travel in comfortable private bus to destinations mentioned in the program
- 7 days and 6 nights of trip
- 2 nights in Björkliden
- 2 nights in Kilpisjärvi
- 2 nights in the comfortable bus
- Multiple rooms
- Breakfast upon arrival Day 2
- Day Trip to Tromsø and sauna time in Skibotn by the Arctic Ocean
- Visit to reindeer farm
- Visit to Kiruna city
- Entrance to Ice hotel
- All transport, parking and toll costs
- Group leader throughout the journey
- Assistance throughout the trip
- Tourist guide services
- All that’s not mentioned in “What’s Included”
- Transport up to the departure point
- Travel insurance or cancellation
- Optional activities (you can sign up to these online 8 days before the trip)
- Food (breakfast/lunch/dinner)
- Visa or administrative expenses
Husky Safari and Snowmobiles (From 120€):
This is the king of all Lapland adventures! The tour is about 2 hours and half of it is on a dog sledge and the other half on a snowmobile. The dog sledge is driven by a professional musher (3-4 people in a sledge) and it covers a distance of minimum 5 km. Warm overalls are included and also a warm drink. The maximum amount of participants in one go is about 25-30 people.
Night-time Snowshoeing (From 52€):
When dusk descends and the stars come out, the adventure begins! If we’re lucky, we can gaze in wonder at the Northern Lights. On our way down, we call in at a Lapp hut for a snack and a tasty hot drink before bedtime. The activity takes from 2 to 3 hours.
Arctic Skills (From 63€):
How to survive in extreme weather conditions? Professional wilderness guides will teach you the basics of making snow houses, ice fishing and fire-making Price includes rental of necessary gear / warm clothes during all the activities.
Ice Fishing (1 hour)
Building Snow Houses or building a teepee (1 hour)
Making fire without matches (1 hour)
Bus Trip to the Arctic Ocean (included):
Enjoy the magical views of the Norwegian fjords and what nature has to offer. We make a stop in a harbour town Tromsø, which is located at the Atlantic ocean. Our tour guide takes you for a short walking tour and by the coast. The road from Björkliden to Tromsø and Kilpisjärvi takes us through some stunning scenery with snow-covered peaks and fjords – we will make stops on the way. In the afternoon, you will dive yourself in icy waters of the Atlantic ocean after warming up in a sauna. Note that this route is possible only if the weather and the road conditions are good. An alternative route will go through Swedish Lapland!
Reindeer Farm (Included):
On the reindeer farm visit, you will get familiar with real Saami people and their reindeers. After all the reindeers are fed and enough pictures is taken, you will learn more about the culture and way of life of Saami people.
The Jukkasjärvi Ice hotel (Included):
The Jukkasjärvi Icehotel is a hotel rebuilt each year with snow and ice in the village of Jukkasjärvi close to Kiruna. It is the world’s first, most famous and largest ice-hotel. The hotel, including the chairs and beds, is constructed from snow and ice blocks were taken from the nearby Torneå river. Artists are invited to create different rooms and decorations made by ice. Besides bedrooms, there is a bar, with glasses made of ice and an ice chapel that is popular with marrying couples. The structure remains below freezing, around −5 °C. Brand new Ice Hotel is opened every year during the first weeks of December. Visitors who come before can visit the construction site and ICEHOTEL 365 -a permanent structure of ice that includes luxury suites and art suites, all sculptured by selected artists. As well as a large ice bar and an ice gallery. This ice experience can be visited year-round and is cooled by solar panels during the summer months.
*Kindly note that extra activities can only be booked online up to 8 days before the departure through the booking form. Is it possible to book the activities in Lapland, but you take the risk of overbooking, also prices increase (between 5/10€ per activity). Englis speaking guides.
*In the event of a snowmobile accident caused by the driver, he/she will be charged a minimum fee of €850.
To get to Finland there are frequent low cost flights with:
Check prices on the companies’ websites, or with comparison websites like:
Accommodation is right in the heart of Levi. All the services are only a few steps away from the accommodation (Grocery stores, Pistes, Ski tracks, Alko, Restaurants, Clubs etc.). The kitchens of the apartments are well equipped. There is a panel TV, stereos/a DVD-player, a drying cabinet, a sauna and shower(s) in every apartment. Smoking is not allowed inside the apartments! Please notice that some of the apartments have double beds so you may have to share a bed.
There is no wifi in the cabins, but remember, we’re in Lapland to enjoy it! Anyway there are various wifi points in the village.
What should I bring with me?:
- Warm clothes (can be rented for €12/unit/day, or €7 /day only general and boots).
- The bedding or sleeping bag (linen not included but can be rented for 15 € / trip).
- Swimsuit (unless you want to do it the Finnish way!)
- Anything else you may need during the trip: money, credit card, medicine etc.
- Student card for discounts
- A small pillow or a special neck cushion for the bus trip.
- Flip flops for Arctic swimming and jumping in the snow after sauna.
Organization of the trip:
- External organization
1. Cancelling 35 days or more before departure: customer is charged a service fee of €20. Non-EU citizens may also have to pay bank transfer fees.
2. Cancelling between 35 and 21 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 25% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
3. Cancelling between 21 and 15 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 50% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
4. Cancelling between 15 days and 72 hours prior to departure: customer is charged a service fee of 75% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
5. If the tour is cancelled less than 72 hours before departure, Unitrips reserves the right to charge the entire price of the tour.